can log in with firestorm, but not to second life website

Timomachos Pegasi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I just had a question, with my other account I am able to log in with Firestorm, but not into the main SL site. I tried spelling and verification of caps and all that, and it still doesn't work. What could be going on?

Once logged into my account with Firestorm, I open the inworld browser and am able to access my SL account MP and all that.

I tried a couple different browsers, and ran into the same problem. Logged in and out of FS and had no problems, with the same username and password. It seems to be a glitch....maybe it will clear up in a couple of hours.

4 answers to this question

Hi Timomachos,

I don't think I've heard of this problem before. Do you get an error message when trying to log-in to the website? Did you try switching web browsers? I don't think a corrupted cookie or such would prevent a log-in, but maybe that's the issue. Switching browsers would work around that issue. Try Firefox or Chrome if you're using IE or Safari.

If you can tell us more, do so by editing your question via "Options" over there on the right.

Is your password over 16 characters in length?

When you change SL password it used to (maybe still does?) allow you to use >16 characters quite happily. V3 based SL viewers silently discard password characters after the 16th. Other places where you login to your account on the web pages don't do this. This can lead to your password being accepted in some places and not others.

The same problem can happen if your password uses special characters.

If you password is over 16 characters or contains special characters, try changing assword & try again.

If that doesn't help, best thing to do is to file a support ticket

I'm not sure we understand your problem.

With Firestorm you can log into numerous grids; OSGrid, Hyperica, InWorldz, and many more. At Second Life you can log into ADITI or AGNI. Without knowing how you are using Firestorm are where you are trying to login we can't say what the problem is.

I have no idea what your 'other' account is. Is that an account at InWorldz or and alternate avatar in Second Life?

I am not clear about how some of the new avatar/user ID names have to be entered. It varies with grid and viewer. I think with Firestorm the user name is entered into one field. In some cases that has to be with a DOT in place of a space between the two names. Some viewers require the name 'resident' to be included or exluded. 

If you can log into the forum, you know the correct name and password for Second Life. If those fail using Firestorm then you have the name format or grid name wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.