My Shoe skin wont work

TimeofSilks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying to work with it with rgb..I think its called? I used the developers menu to find the color and I put it in but when I do it still shows as wonky/not right. Is there a way to possible recalibrate the rgb of it or will I have to ditch the shoes? Thank you for reading this.

RGB is a worldwide standard for colors, it can not be calibrated.

Your problem is most likely the way light reflects on your feet.

All surfaces reflect light in a different way, thats why rgb on a prim looks different than on a skin.

You can ty find a perfect windlight setting for yourself, but it will be only you, everybody else who has different graphic cards, light settings, monitors...a.s.o... will see you different.

Shoes that come with fake feet in them, and which you always have to match with a colour system, will always leave you with a small difference to your real skin. A small one, if you are good at it, a big one if you aren't and/or the lightning around you isn't flattering.

Many people today use mesh feet with an applier for their skin, which ends the whole colour-matching trouble.

TimeofSilks wrote:

I have been trying to work with it with rgb..I think its called? I used the developers menu to find the color and I put it in but when I do it still shows as wonky/not right. Is there a way to possible recalibrate the rgb of it or will I have to ditch the shoes? Thank you for reading this.

Rgb is simply one of many color models which uses various amounts of the colors red, green and blue in combination to represent a single color.  The key is getting the balance right... or as right as is possible.  And, as has been pointed out, this relies heavily upon environmental lighting.  There are certain steps which I always take when trying to match attachments to my skin color using the rgb model.

Firstly, I set windlight to a setting with lots of saturated lighting, such as Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim.  Then, I wear the object and choose a texture preset for the object which is lighter than the color I want in addition to containing as little actual color as possible.  Next, I turn on Show Color Under Cursor.  This option is available in different places depending upon which viewer you're using, but can always be found in the debug menu under the name DebugShowColor (set the value to 1 to turn it on).

Once this is turned on, you'll notice three or four little numbers on the bottom right side of your screen. Each number will give you a value between 0 and 255... the first one is red, the second one green and the third one blue (you need not be concerned with the fourth). At this point, I select the attachment and go into edit mode and, under the texture tab, open the color picker.

Now, I zoom in on where the attachment meets the skin and hover my cursor over the skin I'm trying to match... if it's heavily shaded, I'll choose a shade somewhere in the middle.  Once that's done, I make note of the first three numbers then enter them into the red, green and blue fields in that order.  This gives me a base color with which to work, but often it'll need adjustment in order to lighten or darken the shade according to the base texture.

To do this, I go down to the Luminosity (Lum) field and start playing with the up and down arrow keys until it looks right (this will change the number in the rgb color fields, but worry not... this is as expected).  Then I close the edit window and I'm done.  Please note that this will not make it match exactly under other lighting conditions, but it's as close as you'll be able to get to match under as many as possible.

Also, if the object is not directly modifiable, you'll have to do this with the rgb color picker on it's hud, but the process is the same.  I know this sounds very involved because, let's face it, it is... but once it's done it shouldn't have to be done again unless you change your skin.

I hope I've explained this accurately in a way that you can follow.  If you have any questions, please ask.

Good luck ...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.