Stairs become no trans after I take them into inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a sculpt map set for a nice set of spiral stairs, which I've used successfully on one build. I'm trying to use them again and everything goes good until I try to take them or a copy into inventory. They immediately change to no trans. I've used sculpt maps many times and even though I'm far from a pro, this is pretty basic stuff. I use my own prims, I show as the creator, and there are no scripts or megaprims to complicate matters. I know this must be something I'm overlooking because I've used this sculpt before. Any thoughts?

Did you check the properties of the original while still in your inventory?  If somehow the property value got changed while still in inventory, you wont see that property applied until after you rez the object and then take it back to inventory.

it's a bug (lol there's a surprise).  A few hours ago I rezzed an item that I had created and it took on the next owner properties (mod/copy/notrans).  We'll just have to wait for LL to notice and fix it.

I couldn't find a workaround - removing all scripts and unlinking and relinking with a different root prim didn't fix it.

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

I use Phoenix so just for the hell of it I opened Viewer 2 (shudders) and it worked fine there. Figures.

v2???  I'll take my chances and wait for them to fix it.  When you went back in to Phoenix was it sorted out or still playing up?

I hear ya on V2. And no, it still didn't work in Phoenix, but I found  workaround - sort of. I took the stairs from the other build, stretched them to fit the new build, and they worked. Go figure. Anyway, I guess there was a SNAFU somewhere. Thanks for all the assistance. We'll call this mystery...closed, but not solved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.