Second Life Design Software Tutorial?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Out of all 9 tutorial videos, not one touched base with the layout or interface of the design software itself. From my unsderstanding, you have to pay for a membership to be able to utilize the design software for Second Life . I would like to see something up to date about how 'easy' it is to use. Now I've seen softwares that claim to be easy to use, but are relatively difficult to just pick up and use. Are there any videos out there with a recent explanation as to how Second Life design works from entire interface to placing the object into Second Life? The only recent software I was able to pick up and fully understand without a tutorial within the free trial is RPG Maker Ace. On a side note I am just so confused and highly disapointed with the free to play experience in Second Life, because there just isn't much you can do. It woud have been nice to have a trial period to test out the design software and other mechanics of Second Life, but no one ever listens to me. To sum up my experience with Second Life so far it would be dull and not at all inspiring. If I can use the design software for Second Life, I will try to both build my skill and improve the free to play experience...since no one else seems interested in doing so.

A simple google of 'Guide to building in second life' would do as a start ..  Sorted to the last year even turns up a destination guide link to the Ivory Tower, complete with sandbox and all free. Here, easy Search Results

Not exactly sure what you are on about regarding the 'design software'. Ever actually rezzed a prim?

• 2 weeks later...

I second the suggestions regarding visiting the Ivory Tower and Builders Brewery.  I think Builders Brewery even has some classes now for a few of the mesh building tools (though those are tools used outside of SL).  Also, NCI, Helping Haven and Caledon Oxbridge all offer free classes as well for learning to build and create.   The basic building classes and/or Ivory Tower tutorials will give you a good understanding of basic use of the inworld building tools.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.