I met a guy who said he works for LL

ChrisLargent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I met a guy who says he invesigates for LL. He ask me about an indidual and knows who I talk to in instant messages and when. This scares me to think he has access to such informaion. He wanted me to share IM with him I had with this person. I do not know if I should mute him and let it go,, or what,, He knows a lot of info about people in sl and there comings and goings.. what should I do??

5 answers to this question

Mute, block, report.

Why? Because he is lying. LL doesn't need to do childish bull**bleep** like that. They have acess to all chatlogs, because chat passes trough their servers, obviously. They simply do not need random nosy nobodies doing anything for them, nor do they really care about anyone that much. Also all Linden Lab employees habe "Linden" has their lastname.

• Like 3

Hi Chris,

Linden Lab doesn't tolerate people impersonating their personnel. That's a clear violation of the SL Terms of Service. File an Abuse Report on the resident in question. If you can, copy the offending text from a chat log into the Abuse Report form.

Then, as Syo suggests, mute/block the person.

As far as them knowing a "lot of info", I don't believe it. I could claim to know Donald Trump personally, but that doesn't make it true.

• Like 3

o.O im guessing this guy is a hacker,file an abuse report and mentions you suspect him of hacking,include screenshots if you got them

been floating around the web for 16 years,these guys are found virtually everywhere,there always con artists with one agenda or another,dont fall for it,thats your best defense

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.