Please help.

Fearo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really upset. But I'm not here to rant because I think this was my own fault so I can't blame anyone but myself.

I think I just deleted a bunch of important things that were attached to my saved outfits on a lot of my avatars. I was trying to delete a certain item in my trash, so in my inventory, I typed in the name and the item came up, I highlighted it and without thinking, i emptied my trash. I think it deleted the entire trash bin. I don't know. I'm just worried because I've put so much money into making my avatars and now when I change them in my outfits, they're all messed up, alphas are missing, skins, accessories. everything. they're just totally deformed. Is there a way to backlog and undo deleting your trash? I've been on SL for 3 years but haven't actually played until about a month ago.  I hardly know what I'm doing, I'll admit that. My inventory is so messy and unorganized and somehow, a lot of stuff ended up in my trash. I don't even know how. And I didn't care that much because i only used my inventory to find something and didn't care where it was located. But that's come back to bite me on the a**. 

Any help? This really has put a damper on my experience. Like I siad though, it's my fault.

thanks for reading.

If you have emptied the Trash folder, I'm afraid everything that was in it has been lost.

If the Trash folder still has stuff in it, you can put it back in your inventory by highlighting items and clicking RESTORE.  This will dump items in your inventory either in the Objects folder, or straight in the top level (if you have are restoring folders) and you can then reorganise from there.

I once accidentally deleted a folder called "Boots" - yes, even emptied the Trash too - which I thought contained a cheap pair of boots I didn't like, and instead deleted every single pair of boots in my inventory! It's easily done, but still very irritating.

, I highlighted it ... i emptied my trash.

I hardly know what I'm doing,

My inventory is so messy and unorganized and somehow, a lot of stuff ended up in my trash. I don't even know how.

Any help? This really has put a damper on my experience

all in trash is gone after deleting... that's where trash is for ánd asks for being sure before you click empty....(unless you deactivated that warning...but than even more your own choice)

If you don't know what you'r doing go read a little on the knowledgebase... go to some, for example, firestorm classes... builders... youtube.... and so on...and go play wiht prims yourself... see what happens ...

Messy inventory is caused by a lazy owner :) put your important things directly in apropriate folders, ánd delete useless stuff.

Create subfolders in your clothing, bodyparts, objects....pants in pants, shirts in shirts. ....

You have a great reason to start shopping again :) that will give again some fun to your experience :)

Anything emptied from the Trash or Lost and Found folders is gone. 

Anything deleted from inside of a Modifiable object is also gone

Perhaps you can try to consider this a painful but necessary lesson.

1. Never delete anything *except individual items* when you have a word in you Inventory Search bar.

2. Organize your Inventory somehow.

3. Get rid of old stuff you don't really like. Get new stuff you like better.

4. Save backups of your favorite Copyable items in boxes. Keep the original boxes they came in if you can. Then put all those boxes in a folder or in well-labeled boxes.

5. Don't spend more than you can afford in SL, because nothing in SL is permanent.

Renaissance Venetians had some saying about how life is like beautiful glass. No matter how nice it is, it's going to break eventually, so enjoy it while you can. Nothing lasts forever, so try to embrace the transience of things as part of their beauty.

I know that experience too Rosie.

Though no fault of my own except having too much inventory, I lost my folder called "Shoes" and my folder called "Separates" (for tops, pants, skirts). Luckily these were mostly older items, rather than clothes for my Maitreya mesh body. Luckily too, it didn't affect my clothes that were sorted to fit different styles and RP areas, nor my unopened packages.

Once on a hunt, I accidentally deleted all of my hunt items that I'd accumulated halfway through the hunt. Luckily, I could go back to collect them again before finishing the hunt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.