Everything is gray?

LyndonKay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last night everything was working perfectly… But when I logged in this morning I avatar was gray… After troubleshooting here on SL technical support one suggestion was to clear my Cache.... Not only did that not help but now everything is gray I went down a list of suggestions I have tried rebooting my router and my computer logging in and out… Does anyone have any other suggestions ...

Now I am also curious how does my Cache refill

3 answers to this question

Your cache is there to limit the amount of repetitive texture downloading that your viewer would do otherwise. As soon as you clear your texture cache, you force the viewer to look at everything fresh, downloading every single texture as if it had never seen it before.  That takes time, and until it's done your world will appear gray.  This one of several reasons why you should only rarely clear your cache.

If your avatar was gray this morning, it's because your appearance files had not fully downloaded.  Your Internet connection may be a bit slow today for some reason, or you may be wearing an outfir that has a high avatar rendering complexity. Or it could simply be because Linden Lab is doing some unscheduled database management today. :smileywink:  See the Grid Status Report.

• Like 1

[Posted 9:05 AM PST, 10 January 2016] We are performing unscheduled maintenance. While the maintenance is in progress, some residents may experience inventory issues or experience degraded performance. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

Looks like the Gray problem should be related to this maintenance, I am experiencing the same problem with my outfits and inventory, I guess we will have to sit tight. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.