A second life booster ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I remember, there was a program that ofered a service for like 6$ a month, that would boost your game performance to 60 frames per second. Does anyone remember the name of that program or if it still exists ? I don't know what else to do, to stay with econd life. Because its just getting to be too much for my pc.

I believe you're thinking of SL Go.  The company behind that was purchased by Sony nearly a year ago and the service ended.  

Another service, Bright Canopy, started around September.  It's a little more than $6/month, however.  Here's the blog post on it:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Bright-Canopy-Brings-Second-Life-to-Your-Web-Browser/ba-p/2961618

Good luck, I hope things work out.

Bright Canopy is available

https://www.brightcanopy.com/

However here is the [warning] pricing and operational billing model at a glance:

Please note new price: 20 hours for $17/mo
Additional time $0.02/minute
Each session charged for a minimum of 30 minutes

So make sure you have a reliable Internet connection for your PCs Internet Browser. You can chew up your 30 minute billing blocks quickly with a bad connection.

Have fun!

Aethelwine wrote:

In my experience on a 2.6 Mbps Internet connection it hardly ran at all, dropped connections and when it did everything was blurry. If you don't have more bandwidth than me on your Internet connection it is a waste of time.

I'm not surprised. Reading the BC Blog the happy user examples cited by Bill seem to highlight only static ultra graphic opportunities where fashionistas and art lovers can see and capture high quality images for their own blogs. The club loving socialite who is also mentioned doesn't need the ultra settings to meet with friends.

I'm guessing that  their video [you are kid of getting video of an SL session with a cursor overlay kind of technology to interact with] compression technology is no where as efficient at NetFlix and Hulu.

On one of the later posts is a lovely sailing scene but I've sailed in ultra many times and that level of detail was never achieved. Looking at the blog posts picture closely shows that it is a real life sailing picture found on many sailing site banner pages - Nice try Bill, NOT! But then again the post was regarding 9 days that Bright Canopy ran with out any problems and was titled Smooth(er) Sailing. Still if you are representing your company that supposedly brings SL to those with no other options why not use a SL sailing image?  Just asking.

http://blog.brightcanopy.com/blog/

You be the judge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.