Is there anyway to see which email is registered under an old account?

Dunt Botha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey, I just remembered an account I had almost 10 years ago and thought it would be cool to log in, but I don't remember which email address it's registered under so I can't reset the password. Is there any way I can find out what the email is so I can try to remember the password to it?

Thanks!

Edit: I can not log in to the account, it's been almost 10 years and I don't remember the password. Logging in is what I am trying to do.

Edit2: I don't even think the account had any information associated with it? I was just asking if I could somehow see what email is associated because i might be able to remember the email password so I can reset the SL password.

It's kinda sounding like the answer to my question is just  "no" lol

Edit3: So I sent in a ticket, but I'm not sure if they could help me, since the only thing I remember is the name. I don't remember the registered name, email, or any other details. XD Thanks for the help thooo~

2 answers to this question

If you can log in to the account, you could go to the Contact information page for your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account . You can change the e-mail address for that account there. If it still asks for a password (I don't think it does), then the password it expects is your SL password, not the e-mail's password.

Thank you for the additional information.

You can recover an account when you no longer recall the password or email, but it will take some effort.  File a Support Case, using Account Issue as the issue type.  Explain you don't recall any of the information (and include any information you DO recall.)  You will be asked to supply some positive proof of your identity, such as a scan of your driver's license or birth certificate.

EDIT:  No, the answer is not "no!"  Do you at least know the username?  If so, you can file a support ticket as I described above.  Be prepared to provide proof of identity.  Once LL is convinced that you are indeed you, and the owner of that account, they'll help you change your email and your account password.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.