Flexibility settings not saving

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't usually post around here but I'm not sure what's happening, I've never had an issue like this previously.

I've been modding a tail and I want it to curve upward. No problem, right? Right. I mod it like so, and it's fine until I either take it off, enter a different region, or log out and back in. This is what's happening:

I fix the tail up the way I want it:

See how it's curved? I changed the gravity to -1.200, as seen below:

But then if I take the tail off and put it back on again...

This happens.

Why?? I've never had an issue like this and it's really bugging me. I keep having to re-adjust my tail back to the gravity I want any time I enter a new area and it has to load again. It's getting super tedious since the tail fluff is split up into 6 parts, too.

And yeah, before anyone asks, I'm sure I'm using the same tail each time and not going back to a previously unedited version. I only have this one copy and I rename any newer modded versions so I don't get them mixed up.

I've tried that, even when rezzed on the ground it just defaults back to 300 if I take it back into my inventory or wear it.

It is indeed scripted, but I don't think that's the problem. I have 8 other tails with the same script (same version, as far as I've known it hasn't been updated and I just copy+paste my old tails whenever I feel like fiddling with them for a new mod) and I've been able to successfully make their flexibility settings different. This problem just started happening within the last two days and I'm completely stumped.

• 2 weeks later...

This is absolutely driving me crazy. I can't figure out what the problem is and it's still happening.

I've tried everything I can think of, trying to mod the tail on a new parcel, modding it while wearing it, modding it while it's dropped, recreating it using an older tail, unlinking, changing the flexibility, relinking, etc.

I doubt it's the tail script messing with the flexibility settings because I have other tails that use it. For comparison, here is my jex tail linked to the tail that's not working.

The jex tail is at -500 no problem. The tail I'm trying to mod is stll flopped at 300 for some reason.

I made sure there were no scripts in the tail I wanted, set the gravity to -1.200, then directly linked it to the tail above (which contains a script and yet the gravity settings are fine). Tried to put it on just to test things and the tail I want at -1.200 went back to 300.

I really don't get it.

This is the only tail that does this. I've even tried creating a flexible prim with correctly set gravity and it links up with the scripted prim fine, but if I use this tail it refuses to keep its settings consistent.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.