how can i find items i bought and wear them? they all cost $0

AWildIrishRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK I am so confused it is not funny any more. I go and buy products that cost $0 and check out and can not find them in my invintory. I have playes a lot of game like this one. This is by far the hardest one to figure out. I can move my avi just fine. It is everything else that real confuses me. I would like to customize my avi,  but this game makes it so hard to figure it out. I put no rl money into a game unless I can get my avi the way I want. Yes I know you need cash to make it real good. But you should be able to make it close to what your wanting.

2 answers to this question

Greetings, Wild.

There are several things to learn at first, but the basics are not truly very hard.  I'd suggest looking at a couple of Knowledge Base articles to address your immediate question:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-your-inventory/ta-p/1370823

and

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

If I had to guess (and I do have to), I would guess that your items are in the Received Items folder at the bottom of your inventory.

Before you go any farther in SL, I also suggest that you read through both the Quickstart Guide and the SL User's Guide.  I know you said that you have played on-line games before, but Second Life is not a game and it doesn't work the way many of the other experiences you may be famliar with do.  This is a social world with an economy, all user-created.  As a result, it inherits many of the inefficiencies that you would expect when amateurs set out to build anything.  Relax and enjoy.

BTW, you are always welcome to come here and ask any questions, if you can't find what you are looking for in the Knowledge Base.  This is a resident-to-resident Answers area.  We do our best to help you find your way.

Your new items, if not showing up in general inventory, should be under the file in your inventory, called "Objects".  

You MAY be able to simply click on the item in your objects folder and "add" (even if it says 'wear', try 'add',  first) .  If it then shows up on your avatar, try clicking it with your mouse pointer or whatever icon the store uses to see if it will let you put it into your inventory.  This will bring up a "keep" option. Keep it.  It would then be in your general inventory.  

Checking the "recent" (Inventory/Recent [inventory]) area is the easiet waty to double check that it's there.  It'll be in a folder with the name on it-you can change this if you wish.

O.K.  If nothing happens when adding the item, you will need to pull it from your inventory and onto the ground.  In order to do this you will need to find a place (there are plenty of free places and 'sandboxes' where you can open the item-hit the 'search' icon and look for rez areas if you haven't one) to open it.  Once on the ground simply click the box or whatever form the item takes and 'open' then it will offer you options from there. 

The common term for the above is to 'rez' items. 

AND...ALWAYS, ALWAYS clean up after yourself-delete the item on the ground when you're done with it.  It's still in inventory.

Good luck and have fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.