I am unable to stay logged in to SL.

Michaela182 Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The viewer allows me to log in but my avatar does not load and Iam logged out in under a minute. I don't think it's a pc issue as my girlfriend uses the same pc to play SL with no issues? I have not been active on SL in over a year so it may be some old script I am wearing but I can't stay in long enough to remove anything. WHat can I do to fix this issue?

2 answers to this question

Being logged out is almost always a connection issue. That another person with another account can stay logged in suggests it is account specific and not connection specific.

Check your connection. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You can try getting your outfit changed before you are dropped. It may take several tries. Go for the Test Male/Female avatar. In the Linden Viewer ->Top Menu->Develop (Ctrl-Alt-Q)Avatar->Character Tests->Test Male/Female. If this is the problem put your previous outfit back on 1 item at a time until you find the problem. Then discard the problem item.

Also, it may be an inventory issue, size or lack of organization. If you have over 5,000 items in a folder and a slow connection, you can run into problems. Support can fix this problem for you by moving things into a number of folders so no single folder has over 5,000 items. Look at how many items you have and how many items your friend has. Also, look at how yours and their inventory are organized... or not.

Good luck.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.