not able to walk through my doors after editing my house

Sashia Foxtrot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

It's very hard to say without knowing how you modified the house, but chances are pretty good that you added prims to it and that the door scripts no longer know how to work.  If you are very lucky, whoever scripted them was smart enough to make the scripts identify the door prims by name on startup.  If so, and if you have mod perms on the scripts, all you have to do is reset them.

Or do you mean that you can't walk through open doorways?  If that's the case, check first to see if there really is an invisible prim in the way.  CTRL + Alt + T will highlight transparent things.  I can think of many other possibilities, but without any more information, they'd just be wild guesses.

You probably did one of the following.

1.  Your house was set to physics type "prim" and you changed it to "convex hull."  Convex hull can save a lot in terms of land impact, but it has the effect of "closing" hollowed out prims, making them behave as if there was no opening.  In Edit/Options, set the house (or the portion of it that got changed) back to physics type "prim."

2.  The house, or a portion of it, was set to physics type None and you changed it to either convex hull or prim or changed the object type from Phantom to regular.  If the house, or part of it, is a sculpted prim, then it was probably set to Phantom on purpose.  Sculpties retain their original, un-sculpted shape (usually a sphere) for purposes of collision detection.  If you turn a phantom sculpty non-phantom, you can "run into it" a good way off from where the surface appears to be.  Phantom sculpties of objects that must be physically interacted with generally use a transparent "collision surface" prim to provide the appearance of solidity.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.