Cannot Create Store

Dj Barracuda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I heave searched for answers to my question berfore posting and I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I hope someone can help me out.

I decided to open a store on mp and I created a new account for it.  I am aware that new accounts must be five days old before they can open a store and today that account is five days old.  I am still unable to open a store and was wondering if this is some glitch that will eventually be fixed or do I have to wait the full 5th day before I can start listing my items?  Thank you :-)

Yes, that was actually the first thing I did once the account was created.  I just tried again and still can't create the account. 

Editing this to add:  I've purchased llinden on that account and made two mp item purchases as well.....I found a post where someone suggested to do tthat but that doesn't work either.  I've submitted a ticket, hopefully that will help.

• Moderators

Dj Barracuda wrote:

Yes, that was actually the first thing I did once the account was created.  I just tried again and still can't create the account. 

Editing this to add:  I've purchased llinden on that account and made two mp item purchases as well.....I found a post where someone suggested to do tthat but that doesn't work either.  I've submitted a ticked, hopefully that will help.

Hi Dj!

I am sorry that you are having trouble getting the new store set up.

There are 3 requirements for creating a store:

1. The account must be 5+ days old

2. The account must have Payment Information on File

3. The account must complete the Intellectual Property Tutorial.

You can check your IP Tutorial status on your Second Life Account page, located here:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/mesh.php

Really? They have to completethe IP tutorial which was only required for mesh import to nite create a store?

When did that come in and why haven't the instructions in the wiki been updated to reflect this?

Ok ok, the wiki is an afterthought I know, it still says you can let someone else use your account though the latest TOS is clear about removing this and any doubt.

Hi Dakota, thank you so much for posting. I had not completed the tutorial so I did that and still cannot open a store. I'm thinking I have to wait a full five days - so I can actually open on the 6th day. I filed a case and heard a response so now I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to open soon!

• Moderators

Dj Barracuda wrote:

Hi Dakota, thank you so much for posting. I had not completed the tutorial so I did that and still cannot open a store. I'm thinking I have to wait a full five days - so I can actually open on the 6th day. I filed a case and heard a response so now I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to open soon!

Hi DJ,

It may be that the system is waiting for the exact time. If you created the account at say, 7pm, the system may be waiting for 7pm on the 5th day before allowing the creation of the store.

• Moderators

Sassy Romano wrote:

Really? They have to completethe IP tutorial which was only required for mesh import to nite create a store?

When did that come in and why haven't the instructions in the wiki been updated to reflect this?

Ok ok, the wiki is an afterthought I know, it still says you can let someone else use your account though the latest TOS is clear about removing this and any doubt.

Hello Sassy,

Thank you for keeping me in check.  You are correct.

To create a store only requires Payment Information on File on the account and the account must be 5 days old.

In order to flag Mesh Items as Mesh on a product listing, the IP Tutotial must also be completed.

Appologies for the confusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.