Camera issues bouncing me in and out of view

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

with the latest two updates to the SL viewer Ive started having serious problems with camera. no matter how I set it, angle, distance anything at all it resets itself and bounces my angle and my avatar back and forth in the window. its very dizzying to say the least.

No idea what to do other than maybe abandon the SL viewer. Id like to figure out how to record it so I can submit it as a bug.

Not sure how to do that.

Does this camera bounce happen in all locations?

Have you by any chance just got a new house or a large sculpted or mesh build on your land & this only happens around that area?

The LL viewer has a horrible "feature" that you cannot disable which causes the camera view to be bumped by nearby objects. This effect can be really severe around certain sculpted or mesh builds.

This camera bumping annoyance isn't new on the LL viewer though, so maybe you are having a different problem.

Most (all?) TPVs allow you to disable this effect.

For example on Firestorm, go to Avatar -> Preferences -> Move & View -> View -> Allow the camera to move without constraint through prims.

This setting needs to be ticked to stop the camera view being pushed by objects.

forgot to add it only happens in SL viewer. never used to..but defo does now. very irritating. cant even stand to play now. also having problems with the newer viewer messing up visually the builds of anything built inworld. but thats another thread.

update: had to completely abandon the SL viewer which is a shame because Ive always loved this viewer. I really do not like the old style viewers and I totally miss the ability to zoom into something. but with the last two updates it is impossible to use the viewer because it ricochettes my avatar in and out and makes it impossible to see anything. totally ruined the experience. hate using older viewers...its like stepping back to 2004 with the icky pie menus and lack of other things Im used to. :-(

I have that checked but I ricochet all over the place too, on Firestorm. I do have a lot of mesh and partial mesh buildings around everywhere. I did not have this problem on Sing (but was crashing all the time so went back to FS).

I asked about this in the FS group, since I have a Mac and I think I remember reading about some issue like this a while back, but they did not know anything about it.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.