Clear Cache.

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all,

I have read several solutions to problems as Clear Cache. Indeed, this does solve some of my problems some of the time, and that's great. My question is, what are, if any, the hazards associated with Clearing Cache? i.e.., can it be done too much? Also, if I go to where my Cache is on my Hard Drive, would it be advisable to delete all those folders there?

p.s. What is Ruth, as in deruth? I've heard mention of and I think I grasp the general idea of what it is, like a textureless skin, right?

Clearing your cache on a regular basis really serves no purpose. 

It's definitely a good thing to try if you encounter a problem, and there's no problem doing so, as it's the first thing you'll get asked when you post with a problem to here or support. 

However, just doing it on a regular basis won't necessarily prevent you having problems, and is likely to cause you more on average.  Leave it until you have an issue I say.  It's a little bit like taking your car for an oil change every time you fill up with fuel.  It won't improve the performance of your vehicle, and it's a waste of your valuable time. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.