Has traffic calculations changed as of 12/4/ 2015?

wahhahaha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Possibly. I checked the trafic count at my largest parcel and the number is very different from what I would have expected from previous figures and the traffic I know the parcel has had recently.

It shuldn't matter much though. As far as I know, traffic count hasn't affected search ranking for ages. It does affect the listing order if somebody deliberately chooses to list by traffic of course but apart from that, it's just a number.

No. Traffic is calculated the way it has been for years. You get one unit of traffic per minute for each avatar who stays in the parcel for at least 5 minutes.  So if five avatars enter your parcel and three leave within a couple of minutes, only the two who stay more than five minutes count.  And you get one traffic unit for each minute that they are there.  That system gives a truer picture of how many people actually spend time in a parcel rather than just popping in, taking a quick look, and vanishing.

• Like 1

It either has changed, or there is a glitch in the system.  Traffic #s are important as some use them to monitor how a club/shop or what not is doing look for problems that may need to be addressed.  I keep a spread sheet of traffic to a club for just this reason and numbers are way off what they should be today.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.