Rez and building permissions

MicahStellar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is said there are no stupid questions only dumb actions by those that don't ask so here goes.

I have a SIM I have worked hard on and it is coming along nicely. Though it's a private Homestead single SIM it's a start and so far so good. I am considering opening it to the public once I figured out all the things of caring and running a place.

It's an Airport with a small dockside and little islands. I allow people to rez their vehicles such as aircraft, boats and related. But I am not sure I want people to build there which can of course lead to something getting deleated or messed up.

So the question. Can you allow rezzing but no building?

I ask this becuase I see major SIMS like HW airport allow people to rez thier aircraft but no one can build there "except vendors, etc". So hows that work?

Thanks!

The only stupid questions are those that get posted to the People forum and not the Answers service. ;) This one ain't got much to do with people.

Also sim is a shortened word for Simulator, it's not an acronym and doesn't need capitalising.

Are building applications with high physics times (like flight, velocity, collisions) and high script times (accelerometers, animated plane movements) suited for a Homestead sim? Won't this punish other users sharing your Homestead's CPU core? (Thus begins a discussion, which is suited to the forums - though still, probably not People)

Hope this helps! But not too much, since that too is more a performance point of Answers.

World \ About Land \ Objects \ Auto return other Residents' objects

if set this to say 3 minutes then they can rez. If they dont Sit on their vehicle it will be returned to them after 3 minutes. If they Sit on their vehicle then it wont be returned until they Stand, so they can drive it until they do Stand

the others to set (tick to enable) are:

World \ About Land \ Options \ Build \ Everyone
World \ About Land \ Options \ Build \ Run Scripts

+

for visitors, building and rezzing are the same thing. What seperates them is the Auto return time

MicahStellar wrote:

Wow, really. ... troll much?

You yourself actually fulfil the definition of a troll, posting inappropriate content in the wrong place where it is likely to engender spirited responses from those who habitually inhabit the forum in a generally civilised manner.

***Call me lacking in compassion, but your Ignorance is no defence either.

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.