Issues with my Inventory (Gachas) Please Help!

Haylie Zepp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings friends,

I sell Gachas on the marketplace and have done so for a while now. Everything was fine until recently I keep getting gachas taken down due to "being" intellectual property. These items are not anything out of the normal other than gachas they are no copy and yes to transfer, so why would this be happening and how can I fix it because the way I have been doing it deleting them and reposting them and its getting old. Keep in mind I have been selling Gachas for over a year now I do not get why its doing this now. I know many others sell the same thing I do for cheaper or more expensive and I wonder if someone just keeps reporting my items in order to sell their own, i'm at a loss here. Thanks for the help.

Your items are being removed because they violate the ownership rights of others. Your act of deleting and reposting them is in violation of the Community Standards and the rules governing use of Marketplace.

You are very lucky you haven't been banned from Second Life and/or removed from selling on the Marketplace.

Get your inventory in shape. Stop selling things that are based on the property of others and you will stop having problems. Look in the mirror and you will find the fix for your issues.

These items are Gachas, they are allowed to be sold. They have Gacha fairs in SL where you buy your gachas and can resell them. The creators make them with common pieces and rares, making some pieces worth more than others....its like any other type of collecting, you gain things of value and you can hold onto them to get more value or sell them when you see fit...Do not accuse me of something like that again thank you.

Haylie Zepp wrote:

These items are Gachas, they are allowed to be sold. They have Gacha fairs in SL where you buy your gachas and can resell them. The creators make them with common pieces and rares, making some pieces worth more than others....its like any other type of collecting, you gain things of value and you can hold onto them to get more value or sell them when you see fit...Do not accuse me of something like that again thank you.

That wasn't an accusation, that was a restatement of your words. You said that your items are being taken down, and that forces you to delete them and repost them. That is clearly in violation of the Marketplace rules. When LL takes down a listing, it's because they intend it to be taken down. (Someone needs to cite the section of the Marketplace rules and regs about reposting items here please.)

As for WHY your items are being taken down: Someone is obviously exercising their finger on the "report" button. If they are claiming ownership of the copyright or Intellectual Property rights on the Gachas you sell then they are either telling the truth or lying. (like .. duh?) So you need to find out why and whom.

File a Counter DMCA. You can find instructions here: http://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php

Point out what items have been taken down, why you contest the removal .. and demand protection and due course under the DMCA rules and regs. BE concise, clear and free of emotion. State the facts and do not venture into histrionic outbursts.

And if you have access to a clear written statement from the actual owner giving you the right to sell the items .. then by all means provide that. Absent something in writing though, you may be fighting a "they said, I said" battle. (And "they" always win those .. no mattter who "they" are.)

The Gacha machines prims may be ok to sell if you created them or have the proper license to sell them.  It may be the script that's the problem.  Did you write it as original work or are you using a script someone else wrote, and if so what does the license say? Maybe the person you bought the script from is violating somoene's IP.   If you are supposed to give credit to the original scripter or set it for specific perms and don't, that's a violation. 

You have to file a support ticket and get the matter cleared up before you can relist them.  If you don't, you may get banned as relisting items removed from the MP is a violation of the agreement.

Haylie Zepp wrote:

These items are Gachas, they are allowed to be sold.

Do not accuse me of something like that again thank you.

Yes but were the sellers you bought them from allowed to sell them? Did you without knowing if buy copybotted and/or trademark violating items at those gachas?

Amethyst's explanation seems to be the most plausible and the one you should check out first. The fact that others still sell the same items may just mean they haven't been discovered yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.