New Spam Technique in SL Marketplace

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An item posted on the SL Marketplace was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. It's a very sneaky approach to Spamming the Marketplace that probably flies below the normal radar. What they've done is include an ad for an alternate e-commerce site in their main image. Take a look:

hotel1001spam.png

The product description also includes this text:

I will greatly appreciate to those who like my creations and help to support my website below. 
Thank you very much.

Travellers' Savers - [link to website shown in above image removed to prevent linking to actual site]

What does the website do?

Travellers' Savers searches the hotel websites directly and in real-time ensuring you receive and compare the latest prices and availability on the same screen.

1) Search 90,000 hotel deals in over 30 hotel merchant websites and compare rates easily with it to get the Best Deal all in the ONE website.

2) Write a review in the community forum

3) Completely free to use and no POP ups.

I suspect there are more such spam products from this merchant, but I have not looked. However I did flag this one, I am just not sure if they'll take care of it until Monday. If not then this merchant will benefit all weekend long from their scam. Frankly .. that SUX!

It also appears this product has been on the Marketplace for a long time as it has quite a few reviews. They may be "bought" reviews or it may be this merchant just decided to start using a popular and cheap product to hype their other e-commerce business. Whichever is correct, this practice is strictly against the Marketplace guidelines and TOS.

If you spot this product (or any others like this) please take the time to Flag it so the SLM Mods can deal with it appropriately.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

o.O

Did they buy any enhancements?

No clue. I never look at those except to check that mine (all now expired btw) are showing. I do wonder though, seeing the type of products being sold with that scam attached, if they're all CopyBotted products.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.