Why can't i control my vehicle after crossing a sim

dickie200951

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok it' only started literally 5 mins ago, when I cross a sim on the estate I RP at my car becomes uncontrollable, like I can't make it move or stop at all,  one of my bunnies did stand on my keyboard, and it sorta started after that, please help

And thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

That's not uncommon, especially if you have a prim-heavy vehicle or if you are travelling between rather busy regions.  Region crossings are tricky, because the servers on either side of the border have to hand off all information about you and your vehicle carefully before the move is complete.  There's always a good possibility that you'll lose control for a while.  That's why it's always wise to SLOW DOWN when you cross a border.

• Like 1

That's probably not your bunneh's fault, unless you start to see odd, keypress-related behaviors in other applications besides SL.  If you do, speak sharply to Bun about peeing on the keyboard.

Whenever you cross a region border, whether in a vehicle or just flying or walking, the server running the region you are leaving has to hand off all your data to the server running the region you are entering.  When SL is working well, this process is pretty fast, and may seem nearly seamless.  But very often, you will appear to go wonky for several seconds after crossing a border.  You may continue in a straight line for a while with no control (the region is extrapolating your entry velocity), then "snap back" to your entry position once you're fully loaded.  Your vehicle may appear to go out of control, veering or diving.  You might even crash completely, and wind up stuck in the sea floor somewhere, without your vehicle.

All of this is just SL being SL.  Minimize the effects by:

• wearing simple clothing, low prim items, and as few HUDs and scripted devices as you can
  • cross region borders at a right angle to the border
  • don't cross at a corner of the region
  • cross the border slowly
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.