Previous avatar

erda69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The controls on the Shape Editor are much the same as on any piece of software. While it is open, you can use undo (the reset button as Rhonda pointed out). You have the option to Save As (save a copy with a new name) or Save (save over the last version). The big difference is if you close the editor, it will save over the previous version without warning you.

The lesson: even more so than in other software, save early, save often, and save copies.

As to recovering the old shape: if it truly isn't in inventory, it is gone. But it might  be in there somewhere, depending on where you originally acquired it. If it's a Library shape, the original will still be there. If you purchased it and had to unpack an object to get it, you might still have the original object. Just unpack it again. If you bought it 'copy/no trans' (and most shapes would be) from a CasperVend terminal or something similar, you might be able to get a redelivery. Finally, a merchant might just send a copy in response to a politely worded IM or notecard.

Thanks Rhonda and Kelli, Just spent a number of hours working on it and finally have an avatar I'm satisfied with. Still searching for some red or strawberry blonde hair that appeals to me...what i have now is stiff like straw :( I do appreciate the advise. I have finally learned to SAVE! Hard won lessons are remembered best of all ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.