what does being an honoured resident mean?

cammy Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Cammy,

It means approximately nothing. As your post (and Kudos) count grows, you pass through various ranks, as described here...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranksroles

There are some actual privileges that accrue as you rank-up, but they're unimportant to most folks. Within some of the ranks there are sub ranks. For example I'm a (goes to check) "Honored Helper". Rolig Loon is a "Senior Helper". I've no idea why anyone would honor me, as I'm as likely to tell you something silly as to give you a helpful answer. It's easier to understand Rolig's title, as she's ancient (and will be along to swat me shortly).

Oh, and Kudos are sorta like "Likes" in other forums. They're only allowed in areas where people are expected to be helpful, so you can't give them in places like General Discussion. Rolig has a bazillion of them, but I'm sure that's got nothing to do with her "Senior" designation. That's purely do to age. Hopefully she's too frail to knock me on my behind.

;-).

• Like 1

/me whaps Maddy upside the head.  :smileytongue:

She's right, though.  The titles mean essentially nothing more than a good attendance award.  (Well, good attendance with your mouth open.) They are sort of like rewards for getting older.  It happens to all of us, if we are lucky, so we are rewarded by getting the title "Senior", whether we did anything special or not. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.