Where can I get a pose HUD that allows me to custom make poses?

0zymandi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am looking for a HUD that allows me to custom make poses. If anyone knows where I can find one please let me know.

I already know that the market place offers a wide variety of poses and animations but I am specifically looking for a HUD that allows me to control the position of the lims, eyes and other moveable parts of my avatar and then allows me to save the pose.

If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

BTW Big thanks to Muletta for answering my previous question.

4 answers to this question

Hi 0zymandi,

We're not supposed to recommend products here, so I'm not going to recommend AnyPose. They have a free Expression HUD, a Basic HUD that spits out pose information in chat that can be pasted back into the chat line to recall the pose, and a BVH version that saves (via an external website as I recall) BVH files to your computer. Either version can pose multiple avatars simultaneously. I've been using the basic version happily for years. If this appears to have been a recommendation, you're mistaken.

;-).

• Like 3

A HUD can't "make" poses.  But a HUD ***can*** activate a list of animations.  This is exactly what any AO or dance machine does.  In fact, the free ZHAO AO by Ziggy Puff may do exactly what you want, although you may need to tweak it a little to provide the exact control set you want.

Poses are animations...they just don't have movement.  You can create your own poses with Poser or with the free Avimator application.  Then you can upload them to Second Life.  You would have to make a series of poses, for example...

• Basic pose
  • Basic pose, left arm raised
  • Basic pose, right arm raised
  • Basic pose, both arms raised
  • ...and so on, covering all the permutations you want in your product.

Import your poses, install them into the HUD, and there you are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.