Why does SL not run smooth?

Misaram

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It looks like you have found your answer.  You are trying to run SL in a 64-bit Windows 7environment and the CPU is not fast enough to handle it. You might try running in 32-bit emulation mode to see if that helps.  If not, your only alternative is to be patient until you can replace your computer with one that has a faster CPU.

With that processor speed and that OS you probably are not going to get SL to work the way you want.  That seems to be a laptop processor, right?  Then upgrading your CPU isn't really an easy option. 

If you are stuck using that computer and you really really want to run SL, the only thing I could think of suggesting (besides a new computer which is not always an option) is perhaps changing your OS.  It's a drastic step, but going to XP would put you within the recommendations. 

Or...

You could try something like Ubuntu.  You can download it legally for free, install it on a bootable flash drive along with a linux SL viewer and then use that when you wished to be on SL as a test.  You can also install it alongside your existing OS in most cases since it takes up relatively little disk space if you wanted to in the future.

I have actually managed to log into SL and conduct business in a very limited fashion on a netbook using the Ubuntu OS.  It wasn't great, but I was able to move around and communicate enough to attend a meeting.  (not recommended for normal SL use at all but it did work in a pinch.)

Fiddling with your OS is not something you should take lightly of course, back up everything you hold dear before you do that sort of thing and have a good recovery disk handy should things go badly.  That being said, it is an option...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.