Fixing avatar hands in a relaxed position

Sion Pearl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've trawled the script libraries on this one, and while I am sure that such a thing exists, I am at a complete loss: is there is a simple, easily available script you can put in an attachment -- I'm thinking a set of prim fingernails here, obviously -- that stops animations balling your avie's hands into fists or splaying out the fingers, so thatthe fingernails don't float in mid air?

Is it easy to do? I am, I admit, a scripting novice, so I may have missed something obvious here.

The hand position controlled by animations.  The hand position to use is set at the time of upload.  For prim nails, you would need a basic, blank animation that looped and set the priority to 3 or 4.   It would not be a bad idea to check every  so often to see if your animation is still in the running animation list and if not, fire it up again. 

I know multiple animations can be put on one single avatar with the possibility of using the latest animation to take over the old one, perhaps a script to load a finger relaxing animation might help? I am not sure if animation priority can be changed after uploaded. One of the boots I own forces my fingers to splay out, very annoying.

I have tried the blank animation + hand position set thing with priority 4 and everything and it absolutely doesn't seem to work for me. I have no idea why - I can make a bag-holding pose just fine, but the relaxed hand thing eludes me. No idea why.

it's basically the same as an ankle lock animation... short ease-in, long ease-out, hands relaxed and looped, at priority 4, and ONLY the wrist joint keyframed.

then play the animation from a script and replay it every few minutes (incase anothe p4 animation overtakes it)

• Like 3

Thanks, Void.

Yep, we need at least one key or it won't upload into SL.  I adjusted the right hand slightly and left the left alone.  (Now that is an odd sounding sentence)

Sion, if you want them, I have an animation and a script that will run the animation when attached.  I was going to drop them on you in world but you are not listed in search :smileysad:  Just send me an IM and I'll let you have what I made.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.