Item purchase menu timed out.

ulnargroove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I purchase an item from an in-world store, the items never show up in my received items messages. My Lindens are depleted but the item never shows up in my transaction history. I get a "Menu timed out" message. I have had the item re-delivered but the same problem happens. 

http://i.imgur.com/mkysXuI.png

There is a screen shot of the message. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

As far as I can see, your items should have arrived. What I can see is that an object of most likely the same owner has given you a mesh body, which also is the one that says it's timed out (the body, not the object). Try searching for the item in your inventory or try to get a bigger picture, if you cannot find it. If however you think the item has never reached you, you can always contact the creator.

Hi ulnargroove,

As Alwin and Princess have noticed, the menu timeout message is coming from the Matreya Mesh Body. That can't happen unless you have both received the body, and either worn it or rezzed it on the ground (I don't have a mesh body, so don't know if you can rez one on the ground). I'll guess that the body has some kind of menu system, that it has launched a menu expecting a response, and hasn't gotten one. It then sent you a message telling you that the menu has timed out and the script has stopped listening for responses. This message is sent so you're not surprised when clicking on a menu button does nothing.

You may be unable to find the body you're expecting because it has exactly the same name as one you already have.

Finally, are you looking in your transaction history here?...

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history

That should show any purchases you've made in the last 32 days, if you select that wide a date range.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.