How do i upload couple poses with Qavimator?

Yaeomi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I just made this really nice couple pose with Qavimator & i tried uploading it how i would upload pose avatars and it wouldnt work and i tried everything else in the upload menu. Can someone help??

Also when i make a still pose with Qavimator and try to upload it .. it still shows my old pose i made. No matter how much times i edit the pose everytime i upload it , it still shows my old pose.

3 answers to this question

Qavimator saves bvh  files. So, then you go to upload animation and you see either a preview in a box or your avi does a preview of the animation (depending on your viewer). Do you see the preview?

Obviously you would turn off your AO and be standing, not animated by anything else if your viewer runs the preview on your avi.

Assuming a bit of ambigious grammer... I'll assume you made the animation and poses with Qavimator and uploaded the pose with a viewer.

That covers the important parts of making animations and poses.

Couple poses are 2 separate poses. Those are easier to make in Blender-AvaStar, which also allows you to export as .anim using its additional capabilities.

Hopefully someone with more experience will comment/help too.

Hi Yaeomi,

Without a li'l more information, I can only guess what's going wrong (well, I'd probably still be guessing even if you provided more ;-).

Every animation requires a minimum of two frames. The first frame sets the orientation of the hips in-world and subsequent frames convey the actual animation. The first frame's avatar posture is ignored, except to enable detection of pose changes in subsequent frames. So, to create a pose you generally start with the default "T" pose in the first frame, then set the desired pose in the second frame. Because animation doesn't start until SL detects a change in pose, using your pose for both the first and second frames will result in no animation because no joints moved.

And there is a minimum required movement for each joint, the magnitude of which I forgot or never knew. I think, so long as any joint moves by the minimum amount, that entire frame will animate. So, make sure you've got at least two frames in your .bvh file, and that the avatar pose changes between the two.

Also, if you set the animation priority too low, it may not override other animations already in play on your avatar. This is why you were advised to remove your AO. Also remove any attachments, so there's no possibility of one of them having control of your avatar. So, make sure the priority of your uploaded animation is correct.

Here's the wiki page for animations. That, in concert with the tutorial Nalates posted, should get you going again.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_create_animations

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.