I can not log in! for 4 days now !

SweetMandana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Could any one help me please? This is so frustrating! 

my error message is :

"We're having trouble connecting. There may be problems with your internet connection, or the second Life Servers.You can either check your internet connection, and try again in a few minutes, click help to connect to our support site, or click teleport to attempt to teleport home"

7 answers to this question

I can't help you, sorry.

This is a problem with your connection to Second Life, and not Second Life itself. It could be due to your local Internet connection, your router, your PC, or anything else along the line. The one thing we do know is that Second Life is working as well as ever.

Given that you haven't posted any useful diagnostic information, no-one here can't help you to fix your problem. We don't know anything about your Internet connection.

You should ask someone who knows about your home network set-up to help you, if you don't know what you're doing. Perhaps a friend or family member, or you could call your ISP to check if there are problems with your line. There may be some tips within this guide: Nalates: Troubleshoot your SL Connection

Freya is right, you aren't giving us much to go on. Use Help->About in the viewer, it works even before you login, and copy paste that information with your tech questions.

Having a good connection to the Internet is not the same as having a good connection to the SL servers. Test your connection to the SL servers. Freya gave you the link to the information I provide.

SweetMandana wrote:

Could any one help me please? This is so frustrating! 

my internet works exellent, my fire wall is off & I have checked, the SL grid works fine!

my error message is :

"We're having trouble connecting. There may be problems with your internet connection, or the second Life Servers.
You can either check your internet connection, and try again in a few minutes, click help to connect to our support site, or click teleport to attempt to teleport home"

This has Never happened before ....

Thank you in advance 

Hallo, SweetMandana

Have you tried logging in to a different location?

Bring up your log in screen and type in a sim name - Quarrel or Itress are just empty waterland sims.

Although it does seem strange not to be able to log in for several days.

You can also unplug your router for a few minutes and plug back in again to refresh the internet connection.

Hello :) Thanks a lot for your kind answer ... yes I have been trying all your suggestions. I even called my internet provider and had an online chat with them..they checked my side and all sounded okay... so they suggested I better contact SL itself since they were not trained for it ... sorry for my late answer, I wasn't sure how to do it :)

Hello Nalates
Thank you for the hint
I have done as you said, I hope this information I pasted here is useful :)
I read the link as well and done as much as understood ... not a computer expert ...
Also called my internet provider and followed up with them in an online chat...they said my side had no problem as much as they could see. Have been restarting the rooter..trying to login from different destinations...re installing the viewer... no luck so far.
I have no problem logging in from outside my home though...I just can not log in from home.:(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.