Attachment Mesh Physics Questions

Tonky Puddlegum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so we all know about the mesh physics appliers famously used to make mesh bodies behave in the same way as LL avatars do when physics is enabled. I have two questions: How do these mesh appliers work, and can the same concepts be applied to other mesh attachments?

For example, could we make a little head prop that bounces based on physics, rather than pre-set animation. Hair that bounces with the breast physics appliers, or even a tail that bounces similarly to/alongside butt physics?

What limits do we actually have here? Information has been difficult to find on this topic.

What?

No wonder I haven't seen avatarphysics working on my avatar for a couple years now. Boy, I just love how LL just changes stuff and we are left to figure it out on our own wtf happened. I even did a few searches on the topic, and got nothing at all.

Theoretically, yes, the hair and tail should work that way, as long as they are rigged to the bones that allow for this kind of avatar physics.

If you have more info on these avatar physic appliers, I'd love to know more, cause I can't find anything about them.

Forget it, I figured it out. I'd love to know when this was implemented. Before, it just worked, nothing extra needed. I like how they did this, but why does it need it's own extra other layer? It's like LL purposely makes things ridiculously confusing. It's also crazy that I had to goto Youtube, and find an SL user talking about it all.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Forget it, I figured it out. I'd love to know when this was implemented. Before, it just worked, nothing extra needed. I like how they did this, but why does it need it's own extra other layer? It's like LL purposely makes things ridiculously confusing. It's also crazy that I had to goto Youtube, and find an SL user talking about it all. LL, you suck at info.

Earlier it worked the wrong way - the physics were voyer controlled, not the wearer cotrolled. When Linden Lab implemented it they did it the right way - the physics are wearer controlled, not voyer controlled. So the wearer controls now how others see the wearer's body parts (like boobs) jiggle.

How did you miss this? There were lots of info about it floating about after Linden Lab announced it.

Introducing the Updated SL Viewer Beta with Enhanced Avatar Physics

This video is fun to watch: :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileywink:

Well, of course, I'm a guy, so this is not a topic that interest me all that much. Hmm, that was kind of weird to say, lol.

Obviously this was all added a long time ago. Maybe I was just always seeing it, and didn't ever investigate how it was working now. I was always worried tho, cause I sell a set of weights for rigging mesh clothing, and never understood why my boobs weren't moving, even tho I have physic enabled. I don't think I could make the weights different to make it all better, but still. I'm testing it all now with my weights to make sure. Although, I would think if there was a problem, my customers would have said something.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.