hello im the owner of the blue lagoon marina my renters are mainly from europe and now i heard they

123marceline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello im 123marceline the owner of the blue lagoon marina on the eden naturist estate allot of my renters are from europe

now you planning on banning 3th party linden resellers so my renters cant buy lindens anymore unless they have a credit card

many of us europien dont have a credit card what are you planning on solve this as it would ruin second life for many europien including my marina

4 answers to this question

We are volunteer residents that answer questions about SL.  No Lindens come here and we are not privy to any plans that LL may or may not have.

I am sure they are aware of the situation and are looking for solutions.  However LL is not an international bank and has no desire to be one.  That is why they don't accept all currencies and credit/debit cards.  PayPal and Skrill are set up to accept a lot of different currencies and many payment methods including direct debit from a bank account.  Your tenants should look at these services to see if that would be a solution for them.

• Like 3

what your renters tell you is simply not true.

Also in europe a lot of people have a CC, and LL accepts also Paypal and Skrill.

Why aren't they switching to Paypal? ... thats because they don't want. Because everybody has a bank account, and it's simple to create a verified paypal account by that.

I'm in europe myself, bought at several other exchanges and for many years at LL, never had any problem.

people who don't want, yes want, to go to paypal make the problems themself, and not LL.

Even at 3rd party sellers you need your bankaccount, and thats also what you need for paypal, nothing more.

• Like 2

I'm from Europe.

I don't have a credit card.

But I have linked a Paypal account with my bank account. No problem at all. There was never a time where you were forced to have credit card and you won't need one in the close future either. If someone is unwilling to use paypal or similar services its their own fault.

• Like 1

Greetings;

As was said earlier we're all volunteer residents that help out other residents here in Second Life. Most fols do have credit cards and bank accounts even in Europe, linking a Pay-Pal account also is no issue either. Your residents either don't want to do that or have chosen other unsupported means. It is nearly impossible for LL to support every currrency. There are a lot of options with Credit crads, Pay-Pal and Skrill out there for them.

I am sure LL is taking a look at other options as well but we are not privy to that information as of yet.

Felicia

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.