Do Club Workers Make A Living in SL?

Mags Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is an anti-spam thread...

However while doing that I wonder is Club workers - from Hostesses, Dancers, DJs strippers etc etc etc still make a living in SL. There was a time when people who could 'talk' the talk and looked good could do quite well - does that still apply, or has the recession hit SL too?

Depends on what type of living. I know a lot of club workers who use their job to pay for their Living in SL. They pay their land rentals and or tier for land they buy. Or they use the money to buy land and resell it or rent it out..Also to buy their Sl clothing and pay their premium account if they have one

I have known some to use hosting and jobs in SL to help pay of Old Credit card debts lol. Those are the ones who work a lot in SL lol. But a good host can pull in $L5 grand a day working a few 2 hour shifts. It ads up on a weekly basis

Making upwards to 30 to L$50,000 a month lol

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Depends on what type of living. I know a lot of club workers who use their job to pay for their Living in SL. They pay their land rentals and or tier for land they buy. Or they use the money to buy land and resell it or rent it out..Also to buy their Sl clothing and pay their premium account if they have one

I have known some to use hosting and jobs in SL to help pay of Old Credit card debts lol. Those are the ones who work a lot in SL lol. But a good host can pull in $L5 grand a day working a few 2 hour shifts. It ads up on a weekly basis

Making upwards to 30 to L$50,000 a month lol

In one way I think 'Wow' but actually I'm really glad that people can still make lindens like this - it makes SL that bit more accessible to everyone. I did mean a living in/for SL rather than an RL living btw - but it's great that SL can even help people with their RL bills.

These days when the focus of SL and indeed LL seems to be turning more and more to youngsters and their needs, big business and large land owners it's comforting to know that the 'traditional' SL Resident still has a chance of living their SL.

I'm not too sure I make sense - but I know what I mean :smileytongue:

It's always been the case even in the old forum that people could put banners in their sig - so yes - unless LL clamp down on it I guess anyone can. I don't have an SL business so I have nothing to advertise - apart from my genius... which is a bit lacking (unlike Oscar's)

2 years ago I had a good position in a club. I earned 1k L$ per hour. This is no joke. I think the estate and club owner had much money to spend the workers. It was a real great atmosphere there not only because the good lindens. The team, the place and indeed the the owners was just a funny community. It started to be not only a job.. I did make a good friendship with the clubowner later. Sadly she stopped to play SL but from time to time she is logging in to SL to say hello.

As this was my first club job at this time.. I still can imagine when the club closed and I did try to find another club job.. what I noticed is that 80% of the clubs in SL do not spend a penny for the workers.. and then other 19% who give you maybe not more then 100L$ an hour. Oh well... there is still 1% over.. and Im sure this 1% are club owners like my very first club I worked in.

So my answer is... sure there are clubs where you can earn a lot. But the chance to find them is the same if you would win a jackpot. I hope that peoples anyway have fun with what they do. I would say peoples earn a **bleep** in SL when they work in a club.

I used to earn between L$500 and L$1000 per two hour shift, dancing and sometimes stripping. Two or three shifts a week was easily enough to cover my rent and spending money on top. But this was more than two years ago. I've no idea what it's like now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.