mesh Shapes

Mirika Drasilova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am yet to be convinced that mesh shapes are that much better than non mesh ones, I am willing to be persuaded.

I have a few questions:

1. does using a mesh shape mean no longer having to use alpha layers?

2. Will I need to replace my eyes i have read that you ahve to

3. Can old non mesh clothing be used and converted to mesh?

Shapes is shapes is shapes. There are no "mesh shapes," they all work on the same sliders. Do you mean mesh BODY?

If so:

1. Sort of. You have to use the alpha layer for the body, to hide the default body, but you don't have to use the alphas that come with any of your mesh clothing. Mesh bodies have alpha HUD's, since regular alpha layers only hide the default body. The HUD has preset alpha cuts, which, when clicked, hide the corresponding area of the mesh body. Very useful for wearing regular mesh clothing, although not everything will fit. Different bodies have different alpha cuts, so make sure when you shop that that's one of the things you look at. Can you live with the alpha cuts on that body, or not? They can't be made larger or smaller.

2. No. You may have to in order to wear a mesh head, but the head and the body are often not connected. A mesh body typically goes from about the neck down, and you can usually still use the default head. (Although you can choose to also buy a mesh head, if you want to. They're not as customizable as I prefer, personally.)

3. No. You can look to see if your old clothing has been updated with appliers that work with your chosen mesh body, but system layers will not work on a mesh body, and only the creator has the textures to make the appliers. You can wear mesh clothing, or purchase clothing with appliers (or both). 

1. You’ll have to use at least one, to hide the areas of your base avatar that the mesh body is supposed to replace; once that’s done, any further masking of the mesh body will be done through its own alpha system –if it has one.
  2. Usually not; most mesh heads have an empty eye socket through which your own eyes, either normal or mesh, will show. The demo of the mesh body you try will show exactly how it happens. 
  3. Yes, but it’s not automatic, like, having an old non-mesh clothing item and pressing yourself a button in your viewer labelled “convert to mesh clothing”; if you have the texture of the non-mesh clothing item and the “applier kit” for the mesh body in question, you’ll be able to make the conversion manually, following the kit’s creator instructions. Otherwise you’ll have to contact the store where you bought the item and see if they made the conversion, or else convince them to do so.

If you are asking this questions, means you have not even tried a mesh body, you should try it, and find out all these things you need to find out, to like it

I have all of them, I find Maitreya is the most easy to fit any other mesh clothes even the non fitted mesh, as their alpha covers a wide range of clothes

But as I said, try it for yourself

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.