Calling all Musicians!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm surprised nobody else has posted this here, but it seems like a topic that should reach as many people as possible. LL is hosting a music event, and are auditioning musicians to perform for it. There is not much time to sign up and audition, and the time period for auditions is very small. I'm not a musician, but I want to see a good show that displays the vast range that is the SL community. Personally, I think this is the best idea that LL has had in a long time, so I want to promote it as much as possible. If you are a musician, and you need a guitar for the show, I will give any musicians, picked to play at the music festival, a free mesh guitar, with animations, that I made not long ago. You just have to ask me, or you can purchase it on the marketplace.

Snapshot_004.png

Here is what LL said in their blog post:

"Second Life is turning 12 this June, and we’re planning a few extra special ways to help commemorate a dozen amazing years with our Residents! You’ll have to stay tuned to this blog and our social media pages for all the exciting things as they roll out, but today we’re announcing auditions for … (drum roll, please) … the Second Life Music Fest - sponsored by Linden Lab - a two day music-extravaganza inworld to celebrate!

Second Life is full of talented musicians, and we’re hoping to draw out all you guitarists, bassists, drummers, singers, tambourine shakers and other music makers to come audition for the festival. All genres are welcome!

The Second Life Music Fest is an opportunity to perform at one of the biggest celebrations in Second Life, and it’s a paid gig!

To sign up for an audition, please complete and submit the submission form no later than 05/20/2015. While we encourage everyone to sign up, it is not a commitment on your part and does not guarantee a spot at the auditions. We will review all submissions and extend audition invitations via email to the designated contact. Each invited act will have a short audition time (5 minutes max) to play and leave an impression on a panel of judges made up of Lindens and Residents. This panel will select acts to be invited to perform at the Second Life Music Fest. Upon completion of a half hour slot at the festival, the designated contact for each act will be eligible for payment (subject to Linden’s terms and conditions).

All Residents are welcome to participate in the auditions as audience members. For those who are interested, the auditions will be held at the Lavender Field on the following dates and times:

May 22nd noon - 2pm (SLT)

May 23rd 6pm - 8pm (SLT)

It should be a few days of great music and good times, and we can’t wait to see and hear some of the best musical talent there is, and spend some time rocking out inworld!"

by

I think everyone was surprised Medhue as LL pulled their support for the SLB back in 2012.

Now they want to horn in on the Resident run event in direct conflict with the Resident's planned music fest.

Perhaps LL should have tried to contact them to see if they wanted to work together, again.

dewisilures wrote:

I think everyone was surprised Medhue as LL pulled their support for the SLB back in 2012.

Now they want to horn in on the Resident run event in direct conflict with the Resident's planned music fest.

Perhaps LL should have tried to contact them to see if they wanted to work together, again.

Well, there is no doubt that the Rodvik era was a disaster, in terms of the relationship between LL and the residents. I remember the fiasco with SLB very well, and it was ridiculous how the organisors were treated. In marketing terms, LL totally lost site of what was in their best interest. A well done, and well invested yearly celebration could be the most efficient use of their marketing budget, yet nobody at LL was economically literate to even understand the basics of good marketing, or business. It was a HUGE slap in the face to all the residents of SL, especially considering how unaffordable LL's platform is. They are dang lucky that we all love SL as much as we do.

Now, I have no idea what the plans are of any of the parties involved, but I would think that Ebbe's LL is a little more attentive to the wants and needs of the community. Actually, it would be tough to imagine a worst situation than what the Rodvik era created. Whatever does happen, I hope that everyone remains open minded to a better relationship, so that we can all move forward and help each, as it should be.

My post was predicated on what I observed from the Linden Lab Feed post announcing this Medhue.

At the time, I believe it was Argus Collingwood asked about the conflict regarding the Resident run music fest and the planned LL one and suggested  they should have at least told the Resident run organizers about it. Another poster then suggested that the Resident run organizers tell LL to "shove it". Those 2 posts have been deleted from the LL Feed at this writing. One remains where Venus suggests collaboration and LL replied that they were.

Seems a little shady to me the way it came about though. As the Resident run event was announced about 2 weeks ago, or maybe last week, but prior to the LL one. Apparently, the Resident run event you need not audition for, but I may be mistaken about that now that LL has their fingers in their mucking about.

Can you give a link to this feed you are talking about. I'm not much of a socialite and have little knowledge of things going on in SL, outside of merchant, and creation related topics.

It goes to show you how much LL needs to communicate more with the residents. I actually went to the meet up last week, expecting to see something more substantial than what I did see there. That said, it's a step forward in relationships between Lindens and residents. I really didn't know what to expect at the meet up, but it disappointed me because it very much resembled meet ups of the past. Supposedly, you are an instant celeb just because you have a Linden last name. I'm not at all interested in meeting any Lindens unless it is to discuss issues or make plans. I don't see how these celeb style meet ups serve any purpose, other than to stroke the egos of overly paid people. I would think that the platform, and it's residents are past the Linden celeb stage. I was the first day I got here. lol

https://my.secondlife.com/second.life

I'm with you on the whole populebrity nonsense associated with the Lindens and their fawning shills. A lot of these so-called adults behave like 12 year old girls at a boy band concert when one is even mentioned being in-world let alone in the same sim. But you can thank the lickspittle bloggers who promote that crap.

ZoeTick wrote:

I think this LL initiative should be boycotted.

Stay away from the Residents' celebrations, LL.

Like you have before.

Although I was as shocked and dismayed by LL's past history with the event, as anyone in SL, I still think we should all be open minded with LL. Crazy isn't it, that the birthday people could actually insult the people throwing a party for them. I mean, how uncool is that? All that said, I don't think Lindens are evil, and with every new CEO, we get a different approach. I think everyone knows I'm not some fanboy of LL, but if we want things to get better, then that has to involve LL. I'm sure the organizer of the resident event and the Lindens are sane enough to work together. It could be very good marketing for SL, which helps all of us. I just hope that they actually make this a big deal and record it all for Youtube and such.

I don't see why it would be a problem for there to be both LL and resident ran events at the same time, you can only fit 100 avatars in a sim at one time.  All so musicians can easily play more then one gig in a day in SL, if they really wanted to, some one could in theory play 48 half hour gigs in a day in SL.  I thing more events is just better for every one.  I have more then one avatar so there's nothing stopping me from going to more then one event at a time too. 

I wonder what the record for most gigs in SL played in a day is.

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Like you have before.

I'm boycotting your boycott and going to both.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ZoeTick wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Like you have before.

I'm boycotting your boycott and going to both.

"I do not agree with what you have to say,
but
I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
"

Thanks ZoeTick that's really nice of you :)  may be you could help me fight agains this distinction of our freedoms.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/18/1385683/-Wyoming-can-now-put-you-in-jail-for-sharing-nature-photos-with-the-government?detail=email

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Thanks ZoeTick that's really nice of you
:)
  may be you could help me fight agains this distinction of our freedoms.

Sorry Lexia, I think people should be subject to the death penalty for publishing pictures of animals online, even if they don't actually photoshop in ungrammatical anthropomorphic observations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.