The Second Life Viewer works poorly in Windows 8.1, why?

JadeSaad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using Windows 8.1 already tried several times uninstall and install the viewer, but does not work. The place blinks until exit from the air. The SL worked 100% in Windows 7 Ultimate and Home Basic. I think swap the Second Life by World Of Kaneva and others, which works 100% in Windows 8.1, but I don't know if I'm going to get used. Now, the Windows 7 has that Windows 8 and 8.1 does not have to have the SL to work properly?

4 answers to this question

Did you just install Windows 8.1 on the same machine that was running Windows 7? The Windows installation will only install the most basic video card drivers; you should go to the maker of your video card and get updated video drivers from them to run a graphically intense program like Second Life.

• Like 2

Please also look at mt comments on the following posts:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Viewers/error-Please-make-sure-you-have-the-latest-video-card-drivers/qaq-p/2927244

Not all Windows 7 PCs/Laptops are good candidates to upgrade to Windows 8.1 which needs more modern components. If you upgraded a PC that was certified for Vista or only Windows 7 you might be tripping over non-capable components in it.

Please share what Make and Model your PC is and the details on it's Graphic Subsystem:

Please update your question with the requested information as follows:
Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

• Like 3

Right now I am useing 8.1 for over a year and its running all viewers for SL with no problems ! I would suggest you make sure all drivers are up to date on your computer,especially your Video card drivers ,,, go to "your video card web site" a get the latest drivers, also always keep your OS (8.1) up to date and any viewer updates ,,, then go from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.