Inventory attachment issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've built up a pretty significant inventory over the years, and for some reason certain items "attach" themselves to other items when I place them back in inventory. A recent example occurred when moving my house from one location to another, my bed, which was purchased seperately from the house, ended up attached to the house when I put everything on my land back in inventory. Perhaps if I took each item individually that would not have happened, but I usually just return all the objects and often items will end up attached to others when they get placed back in my inventory.

My biggest concern is not so much in finding them, as I can usually tell from the icon representing the item as to whether or not something is attached. I am more concerned with accidentally deleting a non copy item if I delete something it is attached to.

Basically if I were to delete my house, which is copyable, would I accidentally delete the bed (which is non copyable) attached to it?

What you've done is picked up multiple items. You probably had your bed clicked on when you picked up the house so now you have a composite item. You'll have to rez it out to retrieve no copy items. If you delete it, you'll delete your items.

Next time, pick up the no copy items indivitually first. Then, if your house is copiable, just delete the house rather than clog up your inventory with it since you have a copy in your inventory already.

When you return all the items together to your inventory, they appear as a coalesced item.  While I have never experienced one object being linked to another when unpacking (unless I linked them to start), perhaps this is what you mean.  If you 'return all' they won't go neatly into their individual folders as they would have if you picked up each object one at a time.

If you are concerned about accidentally deleting a non-copy item, then perhaps you should gather your objects one-at-a-time.

I think the coalesced object takes the most restrictive permissions of the objects contained. So if you see the coalesced item in your inventory and it is set to non-copy, there is at least one non-copy item in there.

I wouldn't delete any coalesced inventory item. Rez it first and sort out what is there.

I will have to find a way to rezz the item then. I have one item that appears to have something attached to it, but I can't seem to rez it. It's most likely a large house and to big for my land. I will find a larger location and rez it there to find out what the attachment is.

Thanks for your help. Glad I didn't delete anything yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.