I've got strange brown triangular shapes appearing in some sims especially places like Welcome Area.

Itsa Deal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Some places this isn't a problem. But some Welcome Areas, I get strange triangular shapes (mostly brown) appearing across the screen. They move when I move, sometimes getting worse sometimes getting less.

What do i  have to do to get rid of these? I'm using a Mac (2011) and the relevant graphics information is :

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6741

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-C2950H-170

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.544

Displays:

iMac:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Connection Type: DisplayPort

I'm running SL in the Singularity client, 1.8.6.

I'm not sure how to reply to answers given? So I'm editing my question in the absence of any other way:

Relig : thanks for your reply. I was in a sim yesterday, and a friend I wasn't seeing properly suggested I uncheck 'Hardware skinning' in Graphics, which cured that problem. So maybe that will cure the other issue of triangles too? I will login to a WA and see.

Nalates : thx for reply also. I actually did say the viewer : Singularity 1.8.6 : at the end of my post. 
This has happened on quite a few visits, but only in certain sims. Other places I'm always fine. I will see if not using Hardware Skinning cures the issue.

2 answers to this question

If you can see most mesh fine but a specific mesh item fails to render and/or displays a pyramid, triangle, or ducky when it's first worn or rezzed, then read on.

Before trying anything else, relog. That often clears the problem. If not, follow these suggestions from the support staff at Firestorm.  You'll be able to see the small changes necessary to apply them to Singularity.

Method 1

• Make sure you have hidden folders show; see here. Then browse to:
  • On XP: C:\Documents and Settings[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\Firestorm
  • On Windows Vista and 7: C:\Users[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm
  • On a Mac: /Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Firestorm
  • On Linux: ~/.firestorm
  • In this Firestorm folder, open the folder that has the name of your affected account, e.g. whirly_fizzle
  • Delete the file named texture_list_last.xml
  • Login and see if the troublesome meshes then load.

Method 2

• Like 1

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

While you gave us some information we are missing several bits we need. With just two posts in the forum I would assume you are  using the Linden made SL Viewer. But, if you are using Firestorm then there is a different primary cause of this behavior.

Whichever, it is likely a connection issue. So, relogging has a good chance of fixing the problem. If you continue to have the problem check your connection to the SL servers. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Having a good Internet connection does NOT mean you have a good connection to SL.

If it proves not to be a connection problem then it likely is a Catylist video driver problem. Search the forum to find out which AMD/ATI driver to change to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.