Neighboring Sim on Mainland rezzing Prim on Parcel - How to Stop?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Elijah Jumanya wrote:

I own about half of a mainland parcel and shortly after I bought it we kept having a single prim show up, we would auto return it and it would be back with in seconds.  I was able to figure out who made the prim and found out it was a spy prim.  When we IM'd the creator and told her that we would be pursuing legal action she immediately removed the item and it never came back.

I also had a similar experience while renting a parcel on a private island estate. New neighbor moved in and shortly afterwards I started seeing one prim come and go periodically. I mentioned it to the Sim Owner/Landlord and he was able to track it down and "explain" it to the new resident. That prim stopped appearing within minutes.

My client has contacted the prim owner, but he claims ignorance of what it might be .. and lacking any real evidence or the ability to snag it for inspection, we have to take his word on it. Through scripting I can identify when it appears, I just cannot locate it ... grrrr ...

I think if I were really curious (and I probably would be) then I would expand the script a little. Have it not only detect the arrival of the prim, but also its location. Then go stand there and wait for it. If it isn't too awfully small, you should be able to see it, click and edit it. Once you've selected and edited it, it won't disappear until you close the edit dialog and you can see at your leisure who made it and what it is. Since you have about a minute to grab it before it disappears, this could work since you'd have it's exact coordinates and you'd know where to watch.

Paladin Pinion wrote:

I think if I were really curious (and I probably would be) then I would expand the script a little. Have it not only detect the arrival of the prim, but also its location. Then go stand there and wait for it. If it isn't too awfully small, you should be able to see it, click and edit it. Once you've selected and edited it, it won't disappear until you close the edit dialog and you can see at your leisure who made it and what it is. Since you have about a minute to grab it before it disappears, this could work since you'd have it's exact coordinates and you'd know where to watch.

Well .. see .. that's where I run into a wall. I can detect the prim using the llGetParcelPrimOwners call, but that doesn't get me the UUID or location of the prim. I'd have to scan for that, and because it could be showing up anywhere on their Sim .. that's a LOT of scanning.

I'm hesitating to suggest this because I'm no expert and you've probably already thought of this and discounted it but just incase...

Have you tried using Phoenix - area search (using the prim owner's name in search field) and heading towards the red arrow? It may take a few goes to see the beam of light and if it's tiny it could take a few more to see it highlighted but it *might* work.

Mariska Lysette wrote:

I'm hesitating to suggest this because I'm no expert and you've probably already thought of this and discounted it but just incase...

Have you tried using Phoenix - area search (using the prim owner's name in search field) and heading towards the red arrow? It may take a few goes to see the beam of light and if it's tiny it could take a few more to see it highlighted but it *might* work.

*smacks forehead* I totally forgot about that feature. *groan* Thank you for jogging my memory.

However, in the meantime the source of the prim has been found and removed. It turns out it was a Horse Scanner.

Thank you all that contributed. Be well and safe.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.