Product descriptions and notecards

Amiryu Hosoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, I am on the edge of finishing my first updated catalog Decor & Lighting. (1 out of 12) All product pictures are finished, all items renamed and given better description, inworld and in invenrtory and all description notecards are ready.

Next step will be setting up servers for Hippo and for the Marketplace. What I need to know is the following; Is there anyone that can tell me if it is possible and if not, if there is a jira for importing textfiles to notecards? This catalog alone is 165 items. If I could import textfiles with content and filename preserved I would be more then happy.

Any Idears?

Ami

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was refering to uploading a textfile that once uploaded becomes a notecard with the same file name. Just like we do now with textures. That way we don't need to create a new notecard, copy the complete content, copy the filename, paste the content, paste the file name, etc.

Ami

Sure we can copy and past. It will work like this: make sure you have a desktop folder  and SL running running side by side:

write the description file and save the file to your HD -> Rightclick the saved file and choose rename -> Copy the filename in memory -> Switch to SL, open your inventory and create a new notecard -> Paste the file name -> Go back to your text editor and copy the description -> Close the textfile -> Go back to SL and paste the description in the notecard -> Save the notecard.

Now, emagine we have around 1000+ notecards to process? Wouldn't it be way easier to just import textfiles just like we do with textures? Go into SL and choose bulk import -> select all text files you need to import and ckick okay. Done!

I can emagine people with 10 items online don't need text import, but ! do!

Ami

Amiryu Hosoi wrote:

Sure we can copy and past. It will work like this: make sure you have a desktop folder  and SL running running side by side:

write the description file and save the file to your HD -> Rightclick the saved file and choose rename -> Copy the filename in memory -> Switch to SL, open your inventory and create a new notecard -> Paste the file name -> Go back to your text editor and copy the description -> Close the textfile -> Go back to SL and paste the description in the notecard -> Save the notecard.

Now, emagine we have around 1000+ notecards to process? Wouldn't it be way easier to just import textfiles just like we do with textures? Go into SL and choose bulk import -> select all text files you need to import and ckick okay. Done!

I can emagine people with 10 items online don't need text import, but ! do!

Ami

It is a new revenue stream for LR too:smileywink: Personally I do the notecards in-world but mine are pretty standard and I edit an exsisting one [template] to fit the new products. 

Amiryu Hosoi wrote:

Hi Argus, the revenue is only 10L per file so that is not that exiting. If it would save me all the dumb work I would be glad to pay 50L per uploaded text file.

Ami

Understood, you might consider using/paying someone else to do it for you. You could email them the text cards and they could do the SL work.:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.