Support ticket for login issues

Jeremiah MacMoragh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

You are right, actually there is no ticket type about that issue for Basic accounts: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Support_Tickets_Types

If you problem is avatar ghosted, you can try to contact with the region owner requesting a restart (if you are in a private region) or wait to the weekly restarts of the regions (if you are in Mainland). But unfortunately you cannot submit a case :(

This is the official response for basic accounts regarding support options for Ghosts.

From: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

The system is logging you out

Sometimes, usually after a recent logout or crash, Second Life may mistakenly think you are still logged in. When you try to log in again, your previous session must be logged out before you can get back into Second Life. If you receive a login failure message stating that "The system is logging you out...", try waiting a few minutes before logging in again. If you continue to receive this message, you may be a victim of "stuck presence", which can be fixed by restarting the Region in which your avatar is stuck.

Residents with Premium or Concierge level accounts may request a Region restart via live chat, ticket submission, or phone support. Basic accounts do not have access to avatar-level support at this time.

Perhaps we can help with your login problem. What's happening and what message appears when you try to log in?

If a ghosted avatar problem, try Marigold Devin's solution. It's worked for many people.

These ghosted avatars that lock you out of SL appear to go offline for about a minute around 4 times in an hour (test this by having an alt or a friend add your avatar's name onto an online tracker - I use Thomas Conover's avatar online tracker). It is possible with grim determination and good timing to log in your ghosted avatar during one of these offline minutes, although it is important to change the log in location before you do this. Use a neutral location, such as "Pooley".  If you are successful with logging in, teleport across to the sim where you are ghosted.  When your avatar gets in range of its ghost a paradox is caused, the two entities merge, and the ghost usually clears.

On the brightside, the rolling restart should be finished by the end of today and all sims should have been restarted, so your ghost will be cleared. :)

Unless you were unfortunate enough to get yourself ghosted on a sim that had already been restarted yesterday, in which case your best bet is to use an alt or friend to find your ghost inworld & then force a login (as described by Nyll) or get the sim restarted.

Thank you Irene only that answer from you is relevant to my question. I never mentioned my avie was ghosted ;). Actually I know what can be done in case of ghosting, but when looking at the Support Ticket wizard I noticed that login issues are no longer a category, and I wondered if this is intently or not. Granted, the development cycle of server software is now so short that you never have to wait a long time for a region restart!

@ Jeremiah you are correct that login issues is no longer a category, the link in my post is now the new support page that you get directed to for login issues. You used to be able to submit a ticket even as a "guest" without logging in at all if you went via the "Trouble logging in?" link but that has also now been changed to redirect to you that link.

btw, apologies for assuming you may have been affected by the issue that you used as an example, all 3 of us that answered you are used to people posting very cryptic messages instead of actually saying what their problem is & we automatically go in to "decipher" mode LOL :D

LL removed the option for basic accounts which i feel is a poor decision particularly when you get stuck on mainland 
tips i've found to have helped is to open 2 viewers if possible log in an alt find the ghost use the other viewer to log the ghost as soon as it shows offline make sure you log the ghost in to a quiet region like cyclops
continue trying to log in repeatedly preferrably a quiet region eventually you'll get in if you know the region you ghosted tp after logging in find where you think your ghost was you don't have to go through tping where you think you ghosted but some people think it helps
paying a ghost L$1 it's been suggested several times i've never found it works

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.