Will DIRECT INVENTORY DELIVERY be mandatory?

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Paladin Pinion wrote:

However -- I do want the same reporting features as the ANS system currently provides. I believe that's Darrius' territory. Darrius, do we know anything about that yet?

Unfortunately .. no. I do know that the ANS reporting is performed by the Magic Box itself, so once they vanish there will not be any ANS provided by them. I did mention to Brodesky that ANS was an absolute necessity, and he understood completely. (As evidenced by how much effort they put into making ANS work on the Marketplace.)

I would love to see it extended some too. For example each resident now has three names: Avatar name (XXX Resident), Display Name (XXX NewnameLikeThis) and Username (xxx or xxx.oldlastname). There are some other fields that Marketplace provides that XStreet did not, so it would be nice to have those also available.

So far I have not seen any "Project Definition" of any sort, so I'm just as much in the dark as anyone else. Here's hoping we get some sort of description or definition document soon though.

• 1 year later...

If it does, given my current situation, even if I wanted to comply to such a change, it appears I cannot. I own a Macintosh computer, which means I cannot run the Second Life's latest viewer (requires XP, Vista, or Windows 7), and therefore do not have a "Me" folder on my latest Phoenix viewer update, and do not have a way that I know of to move things to a "Merchant Outbox" folder which as far as I can see, does not exist for me. The latest Phoenix does not seem to have a place for such a folder right now, so hopefully they will not make it mandatory, at least not until everyone has the ability to comply with the rule regardless of whether they are a Mac user or a PC user. By the way Lindens, if you read this, I really hope you do, 10 percent of all computer owners own a Macintosh. Maybe your next viewer will support Macs? I hope so.

Amadeo1499 wrote:

If it does, given my current situation, even if I wanted to comply to such a change, it appears I cannot. I own a Macintosh computer, which means I cannot run the Second Life's latest viewer (requires XP, Vista, or Windows 7),

Why don't you just download the Mac one on this page? http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US

"Not running Windows? Download the Mac or Linux viewer."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.