How does one petition to get a friends character reinstated

NorthStar Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello , A friend of mine got banned,..how do i petition to get his character reinstated,.I'm sure he didn't intentionally do what ever it was to get himself banned,...he has tried several times to get a reason for his situation and has never received any response or explanation,..Please help

3 answers to this question

NorthStar Magic wrote:

Hello , A friend of mine got banned,..how do i petition to get his character reinstated,.I'm sure he didn't intentionally do what ever it was to get himself banned,...he has tried several times to get a reason for his situation and has never received any response or explanation,..Please help

Your friend really needs to sort this out themselves with LL either by calling them [eeps support pages totally different] for Billing Issues 

Contacting Linden Lab Billing

If you have a non-technical issue with your account related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab Billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

I can't find the Ticket Link or Live Chat. :smileysurprised:

Hi NorthStar, as Argus said, your friend has to take care of this themselves.  A couple of other things that you should know:

> Very often, LL suspends accounts for a brief period of time (24 or 48 hours), if the offense is a first-time one and not hugely serious.

> At the time he was banned, LL sent your friend an email telling him (very briefly!) why he was banned.  Have him log into the email account he has set for that account, and look at the messages tagged as "spam" -  messages from LL/Second Life are often caught by spam filters.

LL will not discuss anyone`s account with a 3rd party, no matter how well your intentions are, it would be a breach of the privacy policy.

If your friend`s account has been placed on administrive hold, it will be because LL are investigating some security issue and they will take whatever time they want to to do it & from what I have seen this can be a long or short time with very little or no feedback aside from the initial email, which usually tells you nothing very much lol

Last friend I had with a hold on his account it took about a month.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.