This might of been asked before but i need some help.

Kaska Kutenai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to know how to life my character into the air using some second life script, i don't want to use animations if i have to because that will cost 10 linden to test out but there should be a way to make a person fly or lift into a air for a few seconds then go back down to default location , i try some test using attachments and it didn't seem to move the avatar at all.

You can't move an avatar with a script (well, you could push the avatar if you were on land where that's allowed, but you can't lift her).  The only way to move an avatar is to move something that the av is linked to; that is, something you are sitting on, not an attachment.

If you want to test an anmation and not pay the upload fee, though, do it on the beta (Aditi) grid.  There are no upload charges there.  It's the Linden Lab test grid, and creators routinely use it for doing trial uploads and building.

Nope.  You can go there with any viewer.  If you are using the standard Linden Lab viewer, you'll need to set Preferences >>> Advanced first to allow you to log in to other grids. There's an equivalent Preferences setting in every viewer.  Once that's set, you can select your grid from the login screen.  There's an obvious pulldown menu.  Your inventory will not be affected.  However, anything that you add to your inventory while you are on the Aditi grid will not show up when you return to Agni. You will have a L$ budget on Aditi that has nothing to do with your real balance.  It's all play money, spendable only on Aditi.

I wanted to use an animation in a game HUD that unfortunately had been created for huge avatars. It does put everyone with a normal real world size partly underground. I worked arround that by rezzing a 3 foot tall prim from the HUD to the ground and that did lift all avatars (I tested with) by those 3 foot. After a few moments the invisible prim delets itself and the avatar slided back to the ground. I could imagine that you could create the illusion of being lifted by rezzing a series of invisible prims. However you would need rez rights. And other avatars who stand very close to you get also lifted by these prim(s).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.