Should you be threaten to not put something in your profile?

Mandie Zobovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm in Gor role play and in Gor, your profile is OOC (out of character) your information in your profile cannot be used in character, unless you have specific limits, just for the other players knowledge. My boyfriend who is in my rl and sl, didn't like specific things for my new jarl, owner, had me put I my profile (my bf gave me ownership to my friend whom is a woman and she got companioned so no that would make him my jarl, my bf was fine with that, which is besides the point.) he didn't care care what he had me put, and I asked him if I could take it off or change the certain rule, he said no, and that if I took it out, he would not own me, therefore would put me out. So pretty much what my question is, is it against Tos or any certain LL rule for someone to make you out something in your profile? ANd if you don't, you're then threaten? Thanks so much! No need for rude comments, basic question for basic answer.

2 answers to this question

See the Community Standards:

• Disclosure

"Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed."

Therefore, anything that you put in your profile is considered public information and anything else is private.  If someone discloses your private information, they are violating the Community Standards, which are part of the TOS. If you do not agree to make information public, they cannot disclose it.  It's up to you whether you agree to their request, but it's also up to them whether they want to allow you to be part of their Role Play.

BTW, if you do not agree to their request and you are threatened or harrassed as a result, you may file an Abuse Report.  Note that the Commiunity Standards also say

• Harassment

"Given the myriad capabilities of Second Life, harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner which is offensively coarse, intimidating or threatening, constitutes unwelcome sexual advances or requests for sexual favors, or is otherwise likely to cause annoyance or alarm is Harassment."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.