HELP! Trouble since new update

ChattyKathy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since update I've been unable to log into SL.  I receive msg that says: The following media plug in has failed: media_plugin_webkit, need to reload.  I tried deleting ALL of SL and reloading, this didn't work.  How do I reload that plugin.  I've had to resort to downloading Phoenix and I don't like it! Feel as though I'm learning SL all over again.  PLEASE HELP!

Try a complete uninstall from your computer - to do this you will have to also go to where SL cache is kept on your hard drive (usually something like..."C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife" (Beware this will also delete all your chat and IM logs stored at that location so you may want to move them elsewhere first)

Then restart your computer and reinstall V2.5 from SL site.

Good Luck :smileyindifferent:

Hi you must complete uninstall your sl and then reinstall again.

How to complete uninstal sl from your pc.at Windows O.S

1-open a folder (any folder) at the top bar select  folder options  check the option show hidden files/folders 

2- run the sl uninstaler this can be done by windows uninstaler or at programs menu  at sl uninstal shortcut

3-after complete uninstal  go to c: select documents and settings open the administrator folder(the one with the same name of the pc) select the folder named application data,open it and them delete the second life folder

4- return now to documents and settings ,select the folder local definitions open it select the folder application data open it and  delete the folder called second life

5-open a run window type there    "regedit" you will be show a registry window select  HKEY_CURRENT_USER open it

select now the folder called  software open it find a folder called  Trolltech delete it

6- now at the same inside the registry window select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE open it  select now  the folder called software open it find a folder called  Trolltech if is there delete it if you can't find it,no problem is because is not there just close the registry window and now sl is complete removed from your computer

7-restart your computer

8- install sl again

if you dont know how to do this IM me i help you

• 2 months later...

i've recently been having the same issue, tryed all of the fixes people suggested. tonight, i discovered a bizzare quirk, that if i open firefox, and hit refresh on that while search/media is trying to load, it finaly does. not a fix though, because i have to continue the process to keep those things loading.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE MEDIA PLUGIN ERROR:

I changed "User Account Control Settings" in Windows 7 to "Never Notify" about changes made to my computer.

After I changed this setting to Never Notify, I could then enter into viewer 2 witthout getting the media plugin webkit error.  I could open and use search perfectly and view profiles :)

There is a JIRA on this and a lot of people trying to figure out why they are getting this error message, so something to seriously look into.

The way I found it was when i was in the phoenix viewer,  the user account control would pop up and ask me if this program had permission every time i opened search or a profile.... so annoyed with that, I turned the user account control settings down,.. this didn't help so i turned them off. ... and... ummmm that fixed it and also v2 media pluging webit error message never appeared again :))) ...        hope this helps others.... Kimber Carter

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE MEDIA PLUGIN ERROR:

I changed "User Account Control Settings" in Windows 7 to "Never Notify" about changes made to my computer.

After I changed this setting to Never Notify, I could then enter into viewer 2 witthout getting the media plugin webkit error.  I could open and use search perfectly and view profiles :)

There is a JIRA on this and a lot of people trying to figure out why they are getting this error message, so something to seriously look into.

The way I found it was when i was in the phoenix viewer,  the user account control would pop up and ask me if this program had permission every time i opened search or a profile.... so annoyed with that, I turned the user account control settings down,.. this didn't help so i turned them off. ... and... ummmm that fixed it and also v2 media pluging webit error message never appeared again :))) ..

Hope this helps..... Kimber Carter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.