Alpha's Need Help Bad!

Armitage Kimono

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hallo :smileyhappy: Im having very big problems with my feet alpha's. Its been a few days now and everytime i go to put on the foot alpha my feet dont go away :smileysad: i make shoes so i need to be able to see whats going on, but with my alphas being the way they are i cant. Can someon please help me. And just in case im on viewer Phoenix 1.5.2.908

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Do you by any chance have "Show Transparent" enabled?
(if not, ignore the following)

When your legs are hidden by an alpha mask (or any body part for that matter) they're considered "transparent" by the viewer. So when you turn on "show transparent" (to see the alpha-textured prims, which you might do while editing a shoe, for example) your feet will reappear.

Best advice, work on the shoes while "rezzed" in space, instead of while wearing them, and when doing fine work like adjusting alpha-textured prims, hop off the posing stand while you work on those bits, then turn off transparent and hop back on to check your work.

I've been playing with feet alpha recently and I find that if your avatar textures haven't fully 'baked' then the alpha invisibility doesn't show up. So if it worked for you before with that exact same alpha layer then I suggest you try going off to some empty water sim and let it load. Also try rebaking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.