PERMITTED TRANSFER - TOS

CarlaChiari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello, Hello, ty for your answer, but please can I have a precise answer and concise answer only 3 questions so that we can publish the answer? The other things that I know and do not need to use. I just need the answer to three questions please, to put an end to a dispute.
I assure you that intellectual property is respected, I never thought to pass objects as mine, but I would like to include them in the package as gift sales, leaving the original folder's creator, including the landmark and name. And they are used to a charity auction.
My request was:

I bought the objects, as a creator, transfer. What is allowed to do as owners of These objects into LINE WITH TOS?

my questions are these:

1) I can sell them and give them away?

2) Can I give the objects inside a pack my clothes That I am creative?

3) I can do a fashion show and after doing a charity auction with all inclusive, my clothes and accessories bought objects?

I want to be sure to act according to Functional well the rules in force.

Thank you so so much and best regards

Carla

3 answers to this question

If they are full permission objects sold to you as a creator, they will have come with a licensing agreement that you have agreed to honor, by purchasing them.  This licensing agreement supercedes the TOS.

Most licensing agreements permit you to use the objects in your own creations for gifting or for re-sale, but do NOT allow you to simply transfer or sell the objects to a third party.  For example, I may use textures I've bought from a texture creator to texture my own builds and re-sell those builds, but I may NOT re-sell the textures simply as textures.

By the way, there is a difference between giving away items as gifts and using them in an auction for charily.  In the latter case, the items are, arguably, being sold, not given away, even though you yourself are not profiting from the sale.

Be sure you read any licensing agreement that came with your objects.  If in doubt, ask the creator if she will permit what you plan to do with them.

• Like 1

Continuation of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Creation/PERMITTED-TRANSFER-TOS/qaq-p/2883141

I thought it was pretty clear.  If you have an item with Transfer perms, you can sell or give it to anyone you like.  That's what Transfer permission means.  You may sell it, give it away, put it into a bundled collection, auction it off.... anything you like. The ONLY situation in which there is a potential problem is the one I described in your earlier thread  -- that is, when you have a full-perm item that you want to transfer as full perm without making any modifications.

• Like 2

A creators license over rides the TOS, even if it is full perm. That is what the TOS says in a nutshell but not in those specific words.  A creator is allowed under the TOS to set whatever terms they wish to set.

Most say you have to use the item as part of an original creation or substantially modify it in some way before you can transfer it to anyone.  Mostly it is required that you make the item transfer or copy but not both.  Some even specify that they can't be given away but must be sold and some even specify the minimum price you must charge.

So read the license carefully.  If you did not get one, then full perm means you can do what you want with it.  It is always a good idea if you are unsure to contact the original creator and explain what you want to do and see if it is OK with them.  Sometimes under special circumstances if you are polite they may allow an exception for you if you are a well established creator yourself with a good record of respecting licenses.  If so be sure to get it in writing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.