I ordered a Lot of stuff on the SL Marketplace. Half of it, (Or maybe more) was never delivered.

Synn Cyberstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I ordered a Lot of stuff on the SL Marketplace. Half of it, (Or maybe more) was never delivered. I read about contacting the sellors, but some of the sellors apparently don't EXIST in SL....To find all the objects that were not delivered would take DAYS....is there some way I can get the stuff I paid for?

6 answers to this question

Without contacting the sellers, I doubt it. It is sad that you said that you could not find them. What self respecting merchant would disable the ability to find them in search? If you find them, send them a notecard with all the purchase info, then give them a few days to respond. I know it is really a sucky way to have to handle it all, but that is kinda the norm in SL, even tho, I always try to respond to customers within a couple hours.

Hi Synn,

first of all, check your marketplace transaction history - if the delivery failed completely it will tell you on your orders page and should have refunded your money.

If all the order says it was delivered and it hasn't been then I suggest you give it until tomorrow and if they're still not in your inventory you should lodge a support ticket with LL and get them to resend them to you.

you'll need to log into your dashboard (it doesn't look like it's linked to here yet) and click on this link https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/ then follow the instructions to submit a ticket.  You will also need a list of the items that you didn't receive so you can list them on the ticket.

and next time you buy from the marketplace, don't buy more than one thing at a time.  There always seems to be problems with bulk deliveries. I know it's a pain if you want more than one thing but at least you should get them.

Hope that helps

Hello Synn, First of all check your Marketplace history not you SL history. To do this log into the Marketplace then click on your name at the top of the screen then to the left click on My Order History then you will see a list of items you have purchased, the items not delivered will say Not Delivered. Click on View Invoice on the left of the screen. Now you will see the order detail and at the top of the invoice you will see a notice from SL telling you that although SL has taken your money the merchant has not been paid and SL promises to refund your  money if the item has not been delivered by the magic box in 8 hours.

NOTE: It is very important that you read that notice on the invoice so you understand that it is not the merchants fault and thus contacting them will do you no good. Don't expect the merchant to send you the item without being paid, if the transaction fails they will not be paid.

Tip: Never use the dumb shopping cart LL implemented, seems that most failed deliveries occur when using this feature.

Tip: The reason you are not finding the merchant is because they have set their profiles to not show in search and now with the way V2 works you cannot find them and thus cannot be contacted unless you are on their friend list. I wish LL added a feature on that dumb viewer where you can look up a person and send them an IM even if they are hidden from search.

Everyone else here has posted dynamite info and advice, so I feel a bit silly, BUT, I've done this myself, (more then once, and even recently after using the MP for a long time)

Make sure that if you are using the 'cart', that you haven't exceeded the 10 item limit. It won't let you have more then 10 in your cart at a time, and there is no big flashy warning to tell you that items can't be added for this reason. The page loads just like it would if it was added, but the 'item added to cart' text changes to something on the lines of, 'you can't have more then 10 items at a time.'  If you don't pay attention and read that confirmation when adding, it is very easily missed.

I'm not implying that you didn't double check your order, or assuming that you would make this mistake. Only observing that I have done it myself, and I'm no dummy either, lol

Good luck, and I hope you get/got your stuff!

Well as i am a seller/buyer too ill try to explain my view on this situation, first of all yes i know its really boring when we buy something and we have to wait hours, days to get it, but if there´s a problem with the delivery certainly you won´t be charged, and the seller won´t get that specifc amount, the other problems is some king of "lag" on the transation when you have your money gone and the seller got the money, BUT the delivery still processing (this is really hard to happen, but its possible), in this case you can leave a "message" on the rating this product, but if the seller is not sooo active you can imagine that you´ll have to wait one day or more to get your item.

anyway for our luck the system has changed and now everything chould be ok

by the way i never had problems buying or selling things on mktplace, just a few delays :)

wish you good luck

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.