Decorating for Rental Space?

lotusmortality

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there! Ive just come back from being on hiatus and I've realized that i'm flat broke! I really enjoy decorating and was wondering if anybody could give me pointers :)

I'd really like to rent out some furnished homes, how do I get started there? 

Things I can decorate: Clubs, Homes, Apartments, Offices

lotusmortality wrote:

Hey there! Ive just come back from being on hiatus and I've realized that i'm flat broke! I really enjoy decorating and was wondering if anybody could give me pointers
:)

I'd really like to rent out some furnished homes, how do I get started there? 

Things I can decorate: Clubs, Homes, Apartments, Offices

Welcome back not sure how long you have been gone, so can't tell what might have changed for your or not.  First there's no reason for any one to be broke in SL just play linden realms, you can make anywhere from 30 to 100 L$ per hour, that might help you to start saving up for the land and shopping you'll need to do to start renting, and gives you time to research the market.

LL has announced they are working on a next generation platform still a year or so away, my thought is that buying lots of land in SL is a bit risky now, but it's a great time to rent. By the way LL is not closing down SL when the new platform is released, I didn't want to cause more panic over this.

Some thing else to keep in mind if your looking to rent small homes out LL gives free (small) home to every one with a premium account.  You can still rent to people with out a premium account or aim for the upgrade market for people that want more then their linden home has.  The linden homes are not on adult land so that's an other market that might be good too.

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Some thing else to keep in mind if your looking to rent small homes out
LL gives free furnished (small) home to every one with a premium account
.  You can still rent to people with out a premium account or aim for the upgrade market for people that want more then their linden home has.  The linden homes are not on adult land so that's an other market that might be good too. 

Furnished? Not when I had one, and I don't think that's changed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.