i cannot pay my quarterly premium membership for a month

priceless29

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You waited just a little bit too long.  If you had canceled your Premium membership before December 24, you would not be billed for January.  The smart thing to do now is sell or abandon your land before January 24 and then ....

To downgrade your premium or Concierge account to basic, follow these steps:

1. Log into the Second Life website.
  2. On the left side of the screen, select Premium Membership. 
  3. The Change Membership Plan screen opens, displaying a chart of Membership plans and prices.
  4. Select Basic Account.
  5. Click Save Changes. Your new plan becomes effective at your next billing date.

A basic account costs you absolutely nothing.  You may still rent land anywhere is SL if you want to, and you can buy land in private estates.

Priceless,

I'm sorry to hear about your medical & financial issues. :(

OK the reality is that you pay your Premium membership quarterly. Is this payment coming up on Jauuary 1st? It is the most important of these 2 payments. If you change your Premium Membership to the Month by Month plan all you have to scrape up is $9.95 USD when it next comes due. Remember your Premium Membership is good to the Next Bill Date: found in your Account Summary - https://secondlife.com/my/account/ - This allows you to potentially keep your land in arrears since LL has a short grace period before foreclosing on your unpaid for parcel.

Keeping your Premium Membership is the key to keeping your land holds.

If you can not maintain your Premium Member status then you can no longer own mainland parcels.

This may all be moot because today is the 25th of December and your land payment to LL was due today yes?

The main issue is now that you will have accrued another month's tier payment due if you even kept your land parcel for 1 minute after the current tier payment was due. This puts your account in arrears by 2 months on Jan 24th no matter what you do.

If you don't think you can make any of these payments then you should abandon your parcels ASAP realizing that you will still owe 2 months of tier and your account may be placed on administrative hold as a result until you catch up the amount owing. You should also downgrade your membership to the Basic Membership level until your income status gets better.

Remember after 1) Abandoning your parcel(s) [ Stand in each / About Land / Abandon Parcel ] & 2) you must reduce your Land Use Fees to Zero and save this decision [ https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php ] then you can 3) Downgrade your membership to a Basic Member [Free] status. [ https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php ]

You need to make this decision and take these steps while your account still functions because if it goes into an administrative hold you could be charged for additional land tier months until you pay what you owe to LL.

While you are still a Premium Member, give the Financial Office a call tomorrow to see if any other arrangement can be worked out.

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:
•US/Canada: 800-294-1067
•France: 0805-101-490
•Germany: 0800-664-5510
•Japan: 0066-33-132-830
•Portugal: 800-814-450
•Spain: 800-300-560
•UK: 0800-048-4646
•Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277 (use Skype to save some cost)

Billing Support is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.